The mid-ride pint - a mixed blessing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudor_77

Über Member
I clicked like, but I only did this on the understanding that this post was extremely sarcastic in tone!

No sarcasm from me, I am just of the opinion that alcohol and riding are a bad mix.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ha ha! Of course cycling and alcohol are a bad mix; I wouldn't dream of stopping for a beer on a weekend ride or during a sportiff. However these are our regular summer Wednesday evening rides of no more than 60 or 75 minutes and occasionally we like to stop just before reaching home for a swiftie in the warm summer sun - after all we do have the best beers in Britain up here in Lancashire!

horse-beer_1923273i.jpg

Davos87

Guru
I'm riding a sportif next month sponsored by Brasserie Achouffe.

http://www.achouffe.be/fr

The parcours is 175km through the Ardennes with 3200m climbing. 15km before end, there's a tasting stop at the brewery. After that, there are still two hills to go, the final one being Rue Saint-Roch (as featured in L-B-L), a tasty 1km at 11% average with a max 20%.
Few beers inside you.......... should be a piece of cake. Probably feel like a lap of honour ^_^

subaqua

What’s the point
the reflux only happens to me with certain brews.
Stella ?

sackville d

Veteran
At the risk of seeming to come over all sensible like, how about an alchohol free (well 0.5%?) Erdinger?
It even claims to be isotonic to boot.:angel:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Pub stops on rides always break the momentum for me, so I feel slow and can't seem to get going again for the next half hour or so, especially if it's hilly!

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Erdinger? Isn't that some kind of Euro-fizz? That would be like eating a factory-made Eccles cake while sitting in a French pavement cafe drinking your morning café au lait and dipping croissants!

Top Bottom