The Moral Maze (what would you do if...)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Macho armchair vigilantes - don't you just love 'em?.

Oh do calm down dear, something things are said tongue in cheek don't you know

classic33

Leg End Member
Sherry trifle for me please.
4698.jpg

MarkF

Guru
If the person was taking pics at a swimming pool, my suspicions would certainly be aroused. But fully clothed kids, outside? What a sad read, there is tarn near me with a nearby play ground, the gates have large signs warning "All ADULTS must be accompanied by a CHILD". What a shitty society the UK is becoming, bogeymen everywhere, old folk and others denied the simple pleasure of watching children play, and should they look, guilty! My accountant was accused, by irate mothers, of watching young girls at childrens party in some Wacky Warehouse pub, he's a single parent, his daughter was at the party!!!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Take a few pics of the 'person' taking pics of the kids, and get a few showing location etc for perspective. Note time and any actions for evidence. Call the police and wait for them to arrive.

Don't hack them to pieces with a machete, don't incite a pitchfork wielding mob to lynch a podiatrist.

Have a cup of tea, a slice of cake and chill the fook out.

Where they wearing a mac, and operating the camera single-handed?

byegad

Legendary Member
My brother in law an enthusiastic photographer for many years, was photographing reflections in a fountain's base. There were some kids paddling on the other side of the fountain but he had not noticed them.

Enter a thug...

'Wot you doin takin fotos of my kids?'

B-i-L

'No I'm taking shots of the water and reflections, look!' He showed the photos and the thug retired muttering darkly that he was lucky not to get thumped.

I too am an amateur photographer and among my many genres is Street Photography. While I've never been stopped I think my B-i-L's reply is the best, show your photos and be prepared to delete anything that shows a child if the parent asks you to.
On a photo forum I use one guy had the Police turn up. After showing them his photos, one of which did have a child in the background, they went over to the complainant, a woman and told her all was well.
Another guy was briefly arrested by the Police while taking photos of his Grandchildren. That could have gone to court, as unlawful arrest... against the Police. A brief chat with the sergeant over the phone solved it and was 'educational' for the officers concerned.

It is not an offence to take photos of a child so long as it is not for unlawful purposes, but I wouldn't intentionally do it in case it caused offence.

What was the result stig ....?

I observed long enough to feel sure that the behaviour was unusual. I then rang the police on 101 and told them what I'd seen, so that they could deal with it however they felt was appropriate. I didn't hang around or use 999 as I didn't think anyone was in imminent danger - and he didn't look like he was going to be moving on in a hurry. They called me back later to ask for a statement. They have a camera in their possession that is being sent for further analysis.

From what I observed, it is hard to give credence to your man being an amateur photographer taking a series of photos for a project of some sort.

Top Bottom