The most irritating media thing ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
The most irritating media thing has got to be the TV on the Heathrow Express especially that prat in the blue jacket with his carefully cultivated estuary accent.

The quiet zones on the train are too few and too small and I'm amazed that all the screens have not been vandalised.

But I suppose there will be other nominations for annoying media entities ...

The little screens in Tescos, mounted on stems at top shelf height - angled downwards. "Pick hairs from your clothes with Stik-O-Fuzz..." intermittently puncuated by a mystery dramatic jingle/snippet of music...:smile:

Ads on Eurosport for Saloon car racing...the BBC bigging itself up? I had better stop now or this will veer OT in no time;)

mondobongo

Über Member
Big Brother arghhhhhhhhhh I am hiding now and not going near a red top for the next couple of months.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
That fat git on a rolling Post Office advert in our local PO with the sound down, trying to sell insurance, broadband, you name it. Not stamps though!

yenrod

Aperitif said:
The little screens in Tescos, mounted on stems at top shelf height - angled downwards. "Pick hairs from your clothes with Stik-O-Fuzz..." intermittently puncuated by a mystery dramatic jingle/snippet of music...;)

Ads on Eurosport for Saloon car racing...the BBC bigging itself up? I had better stop now or this will veer OT in no time;)

And I thought you were/are a nice relaxed man Ap ! :biggrin:

No seriously, those screens are weird - forget they exist and often ive thought someone is talking to me...

- then I think, "no coming in here again: im hearing voices"; then I realise :tongue:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
domd1979 said:
Free local newspapers!

Without a doubt. What a huge waste, Cut trees, make paper... and printing ink... get some`kid to deliver them (actually, this is the only good bit, some pocket money for kids). They arrive through my front door, whereapon I collect them and walk straight to the back door to put them in the recycling.

What a total and utter waste of energy and resources... and there's almost no stopping them though a note on the door sometimes helps.

Don't get me started on local radio though...;)

I don't do "local" if it's happening here and interesting enough I'll read it in the Nationals.

domd1979

Veteran
In theory, the way to have an impact is to contact the papers in question and request not to receive them. Having said that, as a kid I delivered the Lichfield Post on a round of 375 houses. I had a list of about 10 houses not to deliver to, but regardless of that was always given enough papers for the full round. In effect all that was happening was I recycled the papers on behalf of those 10 houses!! I guess eventually if enough people were to request not to receive free papers there would come a point where the print run would be reduced.

Fab Foodie said:
What a total and utter waste of energy and resources... and there's almost no stopping them though a note on the door sometimes helps.

yenrod said:
And I thought you were/are a nice relaxed man Ap ! :tongue:

No seriously, those screens are weird - forget they exist and often ive thought someone is talking to me...

- then I think, "no coming in here again: im hearing voices"; then I realise :tongue:

Oh don't get me wrong Lee - I am!;)
Just griping about the content you understand. I go to Teskoviczis to be e n t e r t a i n e d :?:

All the crap in newspapers that drops out when they are opened...gives the Council something to recycle :biggrin:

Top Bottom