The most uncool fixed [ss] rider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Following on from the thread "how to brake in single speed", I thought I might throw out the challenge to discover how uncool [or not] we are. Conversely, if you are uber cool tell us, and the reasons why.
I will start,
Mudguards, check
No deep section wheels, check
No carbon, check
Leather saddle, check
Front and back brake, check
Steel classic frame, check
Frame pump, check
No gps mounted, check

I am so uncool I might even be cool :wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The no carbon, leather saddle and steel frame is cool. I'm sure I am less cool.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've never been cool, I've never wanted to be cool, I usually just do want I want, steel fixed with mudguards and carrier, when I was commuting it had lights as well.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Following on from the thread "how to brake in single speed", I thought I might throw out the challenge to discover how uncool [or not] we are. Conversely, if you are uber cool tell us, and the reasons why.
I will start,
Mudguards, check
No carbon, check
Leather saddle, check
Frame pump, check
No gps mounted, check

well I do have some carbon, but "raise" you a pannier rack.

The rest, well obviously you'd want steel frame, mudguards, brakes and a brooks saddle .

stupug

Regular
I've got mudguards, both brakes, steel classic frame with loads of chips and rust at the moment, lights but I do have deepest wheels. They very much cheaper though

So does being more cool, actually mean you're less cool?

Reactions: 4F

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Does anyone ride with clip less pedals? I'm debating whether to get them

I do: crank brothers ones. Fine them very easy to clip in and out and the 4-way design is always the right way up. That said, I think they're more expensive than they should be and not as long-lived as I'd like either. I still like em though

stupug

Regular
I'm gunna see if I can find some second hand cheap. Had a quick look on eBay but they still seem quite expensive for second hand item

Brandane

Legendary Member
I will start,
Mudguards, check
No carbon, check
Leather saddle, check
Frame pump, check
No gps mounted, check

You forgot....
Being called "TotallyFixed" rather than "TotesFixie", check.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I'm gunna see if I can find some second hand cheap. Had a quick look on eBay but they still seem quite expensive for second hand item

The shimano ones are very cheap, and though I prefer the crankies, you can't argue with £15 or whatever for the shimanos, as they're not crap by any stretch

Top Bottom