The mysterious case of my disappearing sock.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
So 3 weeks ago one of my socks just disappeared (as they do). They both went into the wash but only one seemed to come out.
Today I am baking a loaf. I lifted the bread maker to move it and.......there was my sock underneath :wacko:
How the hell does that happen?
What have you strangely lost and possibly re-found ?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Had it been washed? Sniff-tested?

Leg warmer disappeared last week, i look a dick in them anyway, but with one on only i'd look a right tvv@t:laugh:

apparently "it will just turn up" and on the back on that statement i asked Mrs Ridgeway if they are related to homing pigeons, she wasn't impressed:ohmy:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Similar happened to me with my gloves after I'd cycled up from Bethesda to Ogwen on the A5. It was quite windy so I sat on my gloves on a low wall while admiring Llyn Ogwen and my favourite mountain, Tryfan. Stood up and my gloves had disappeared. Vanished. I searched everywhere in increasing bafflement, even in the lake.

Then I realised they had velcroed themselves to my arse!

Last edited:

Kryton521

Über Member
So far, [touches iron.] I haven't "lost" a cycling sock. Lost odd ones of my normal everyday socks. Think maybe GCN Club socks stick together in pairs?

PS. Touching iron was pagan, long before you bloody Christians turned up and stole everything!

Julia9054

Guru
I used to drive a Toyota Yaris. One day I noticed one of the hub caps was missing. I’ve never been that bothered about cars so just continued to drive it like that. It used to annoy me mildly but not enough to bother purchasing a replacement.
Two years later, i found a matching Toyota hub cap leaned up against the wall outside my house!
I imagine it rolling back home but only being able to move when no one was looking which is why it took two years!

Top Bottom