The mysterious case of my disappearing sock.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
In an effort to appear young and trendy I've adopted my offsprings habit of wearing non-matching socks. This solves the odd sock problem and brings back those youthful rebellious feelings.
Please dont tell us they flourescent yellow and orange.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not had it with a sock, but recently had it with the “basket” bit out of a garlic crusher. Used it and it’s completely disappeared. Checked all over the kitchen, in the bin xx( and it’s vanished!
I have a friend who dines here once or twice a week. I usually cook and she usually washes up. She has a habit of losing the garlic press 'basket' thingy. Why on earth put it in a separate place when the obvious thing to do is to put it back in the press! :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
British scientists have now started investigating sock loss and have discovered something incredible: we lose an average of 15 socks a year. That’s 1,125 socks over a lifetime! As well as looking at the question of where the socks go, scientists have also developed a formula to calculate the probability of individual socks disappearing – the sock loss index.

According to this formula, factors such as positivity towards laundry play as much of a role as the quantity of fabric being washed. You can use the ‘Sock Loss Index Calculator’ to work out how many socks you will lose in the future. The formula is:

(L(p x f) + C(t x s)) - (P x A)

L
stands for laundry size (number of people in household x frequency of washes)
C represents washing complexity (types of washes (e.g. black, white) x number of socks)
P is positivity towards doing a laundry (from ‘I hate it’ to ‘I love it’)
A stands for degree of attention, so number of precautions taken before a laundry (such as checking trouser pockets or unrolling socks)

Calculate your sock loss now! Do you lose more socks than average?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

British scientists have now started investigating sock loss and have discovered something incredible: we lose an average of 15 socks a year. That’s 1,125 socks over a lifetime! As well as looking at the question of where the socks go, scientists have also developed a formula to calculate the probability of individual socks disappearing – the sock loss index.

According to this formula, factors such as positivity towards laundry play as much of a role as the quantity of fabric being washed. You can use the ‘Sock Loss Index Calculator’ to work out how many socks you will lose in the future. The formula is:

(L(p x f) + C(t x s)) - (P x A)

L
stands for laundry size (number of people in household x frequency of washes)
C represents washing complexity (types of washes (e.g. black, white) x number of socks)
P is positivity towards doing a laundry (from ‘I hate it’ to ‘I love it’)
A stands for degree of attention, so number of precautions taken before a laundry (such as checking trouser pockets or unrolling socks)

Calculate your sock loss now! Do you lose more socks than average?

Very good! I've put this on my facebook page

gavgav

Guru
I have a friend who dines here once or twice a week. I usually cook and she usually washes up. She has a habit of losing the garlic press 'basket' thingy. Why on earth put it in a separate place when the obvious thing to do is to put it back in the press! :wacko:
I normally do Colin and so goodness knows where it went! I didn’t even get as far as washing it. I removed it to scrape out the bits of garlic and then.........never to be seen again!

Mike_P

Guru
I blame the spiders! Seem to have to lose something to find what I lost before, currently still trying to work out where a 2ft long shoe horn has gone (missing since early December).

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
So 3 weeks ago one of my socks just disappeared (as they do). They both went into the wash but only one seemed to come out.
Today I am baking a loaf. I lifted the bread maker to move it and.......there was my sock underneath :wacko:
How the hell does that happen?
What have you strangely lost and possibly re-found ?
My mind:wacko::crazy:!

Top Bottom