The new improved Lance Armstrong discussion thread.*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lance caption.jpg

400bhp

Guru
Matt DeCanio, a former professional cyclist who voluntarily confessed to using erythropoietin (EPO) and then campaigned against doping, also criticised the platform chosen by Armstrong
"Oprah Winfrey appeals to the general American public who shops at Wal-Mart, doesn't know up from down or left from right and just wants to hear a feelgood story," the American told BBC Radio 5 live.

:rofl:

Some stuff over on BBC from Millar too.:laugh:

First question for Oprah to ask:

"Lance, how does a guy with no TdF victories get to 105 pages on a Cyclechat thread?"

I've just read Seven Deadly Sins and I kept finding myself wanting D Walsh to move on and get over it. I felt like someone walking out halfway through Apollo 13, not really bothered whether Tom Hanks survives.

Sir Armstrong is a super cheat. A super super cheat. But I cannot erase from my mind the radio commentaries of his 1999 win (I was in France with no TV). Some of it chilled my blood to listen to. I used snippets of it for the bedtime stories for my (then tiny) children.

I cannot lose my continued regard for Sir Armstrong as a dramatic and powerful rider. I do not need him as a friend and have anyway never met him.

When I 'raced' the kids in local car parks when they were little, they always wanted to be Armstrong and I always had to be Cippoloini. Insofar as they give a damn about pro-racing, my kids still rather like the man.

Super-super cheat and bully and manipulator, but Pantani was a cheat too... and well... everybody. And we knew it from day one and still tuned in and got excited.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

kedab

Veteran
my wife told me of the oprah interview:

'armstrong is going on oprah, kev'.
'he's...what?! oprah? oh FFS, that'll be a difficult interview for him, what the f*** does she know about procycling?! what...' and so on and so on...poor wifey, she doesn't deserve to bear the brunt of my ranting.

i can only imagine how david walsh must have felt but i'm surprised he and his family stayed sane!

Top Bottom