The new specialized langster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peejay78

or a lemond filmore.

how about a charge plug? i saw one the other day, only £400, looked like a lot more bike for the money.

spinnakermagic

peejay78 said:
someone bought a london langster down to bike polo the other day. everyone was very polite and all, but it was a bit like bringing a bacon sandwich to a bah mitzvah.

the fact that the London version says 'God Save the Queen' on the chainstay kind of says it all.. no way I'd be seen dead cycling around Auld Reekie with that kind of nonsense written on my frame..

that said, I recently bought the racing green version, replaced the stock pedals with spuds and.. well, after about 2 weeks i was able to leave all the commuter hybrid kids for dead - the hills in this place certainly build strength quickly. It is very light and responsive, enormously fun to ride on the road.
The ratio it comes with is a little low for touring perhaps, but i think ideal for dealing with traffic and steep hills in town..

peejay78

riding fixed i kick everyone's ass. especially on my fuji, which is so light it's untrue. with the bob jackson i just get all zen and zone out. you could overtake me (unlikely) and i wouldn't notice.

spinnakermagic

mmm tempted to flip over to fixed - just that it makes cornering a whole different thing - i quite like being able to bank steeply through corners without bottoming out. fixed is all good tho, just not sufficiently confident to ride as fast and aggressively as i'd like to while knocking about town.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
cornering isn't that much restricted on a fixed. I reckon you get a lot more control all round........

peejay78

agreed - makes no real odds.

i've never come close to grounding a pedal.

apart from on kerbs when filtering.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It's always freaky when you come across a preed hump which you previously only passed on a geared, cruising in the gap between hump and kerb, you can very easily strike the kerb, so make sure you remember to keep pedalling and lift off the saddle as you go over the hump......

spinnakermagic

well, indeed - like anything, a trade-off, and a matter of preference..

gkerr4

I have a langster in the ultra-stylish rust brown colour I ride it on the fixed side on standard gearing and it is excellent around town!! I think the cornering thing is always on my mind and it makes you think about your lines a bit more, but I haven't had a problem.

it's a lot of fun thats for sure.

Top Bottom