The "oh what a Wally I am" thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did this the other day, was riding for 3 days before I realised :laugh:
How many miles do you go on average before braking?

I did a 20 mile ride like it... no really.

They worked but were a little spongy :laugh:
A little spongy sounds like a touch more reactive than mine when i forget. I can pull the brake lever right to the handlebars and somehow i end up going faster. It's good for clenching practice though.

Put the rear wheel on before a ride and forgot to give it a spin to see if the brakes were grabbing.

Suffered badly for 5k's, decided that I was getting too old for cycling and I couldn't cut it any more. Struggled to stay on the back of the bunch even when they weren't pushing all that hard.

Eventually gave up and got off, spun the rear wheel, realised that I'd been pedalling against the brakes for 5ks but was so knackered I struggled for the rest of the ride.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Put the rear wheel on before a ride and forgot to give it a spin to see if the brakes were grabbing.

Suffered badly for 5k's, decided that I was getting too old for cycling and I couldn't cut it any more. Struggled to stay on the back of the bunch even when they weren't pushing all that hard.

Eventually gave up and got off, spun the rear wheel, realised that I'd been pedalling against the brakes for 5ks but was so knackered I struggled for the rest of the ride.
You want to try it for 202 hilly kms! :whistle:

When climbing up a hill i should always remember that the same gear lever movement i use to change to a smaller cog at the back of the bike changes to a bigger cog on the front gears.
Never done that one.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Fitting a derailleur, I decided to loop the cable in a U-shape around the clamping bolt and then upwards through the clamp.

Why? Because I thought it would grip better.

Don't know if it did, but I do know it took all my strength on the lever to change gear.

No damage done, and the relief when I finally sorted it made all the aggravation almost worthwhile.

Mile195

Veteran
Ok, so this was on a motorbike, but still two wheels so I guess it counts...

I briefly owned a Honda VFR. It had this seemingly pointless reflector just beneath the reg plate. I didn't like it, so I pulled out my trusty hacksaw and duly removed the offending article.

All was well, until it rained. As it turns out, said reflector acts as an extension to the mudguard and stops spray coming off the back wheel, all over the back of the bike, and any luggage.

Oooops....

compo

Veteran
I had an appointment with a health advisor this morning. When going into town and leaving my bike I use an old MTB that if nicked I wouldn't lose any sleep. I went out in the cold and drizzle to the shed and bought the bike indoors ready. Was getting my papers ready to take when I noticed the date of the appointment..... March 1st. I have no idea why I thought it was today but the MTB is safely tucked up back in te shed.

Top Bottom