The "oh what a Wally I am" thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy Adam

Being a computer savvi person. I would never, when tired, try and edit a ride in strava and delete your longest ride to date. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! Many expletives deleted.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Bought myself some new gear inner cables due to shifting problems with the old cables fitted to my Carrera. Took the new inner cables out of their bag and hung them coiled over the brake leaver, proceeded to snip the old cables, removed them, cleaned the outers and was ready to insert the new inners. Somehow I managed to pick up a spare brake inner cable instead, cussed at myself (many times) for buying the wrong cables, then used ultra slow public transport to crawl back to the cycle shop and buy more inner gear cables.

Returned home, took the new inner cables out of their bags and hung them on the brake leaver where I found the original two I'd already bought!! ... I called myself so many names my ears were burning :banghead:

Some say that the stig once did a lap of the top gear test track before realising he forgot to take the car he was supposed to be testing. Ive never made a mistake tho, even when I sometimes contradict myself.

Christopher

Über Member
When putting on new handlebars and leaving the bolts a bit slack so you can get the angle of the bars right, try and remember to do up the bolts before riding off. Because they tend to rotate on you under braking which is not nice.

This one time I was puzzling at a mark on the front tyre while riding along and rode into the back of a parked car - but this was an American car from the 1970s with a super high boot (this was in 70s America so no real mystery) - so the front wheel lodged under the back of the car. That threw my weight forward as the bike stopped and I didn't, then the bike freed itself by falling sideways onto the road and I landed on top of it. That was painful. Glad no-one saw me though.

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
I d
First time I was replacing the chain ... laid the old one out next to the new one, counted links etc, counted again .... ok deep breath and shorten the chain to the right size. Tried to fit the chain on the bike ... realised I had left the chain with two male male endings. Had to remove one of them - so chain was now 1 link shorter than it had been.

However every cloud has a silver lining of course.... the bike actually seemed to work better with the shortened chain and so I have left it that length ever since.

And I always check where I remove the link carefully!!!

I done exactly the same!

Being a computer savvi person. I would never, when tired, try and edit a ride in strava and delete your longest ride to date. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! Many expletives deleted.
Did you not copy your data at all then. That is daft. Though did the same with the original of of one of mine, but i did have it on other sites, so I could get it back. I knew there was advantage just uploading everything to garmin.

Billy Adam

Did you not copy your data at all then. That is daft. Though did the same with the original of of one of mine, but i did have it on other sites, so I could get it back. I knew there was advantage just uploading everything to garmin.
For some reason I loaded two rides for one. Deleted one and it deleted both. Doh! You live and learn.

Top Bottom