The "oh what a Wally I am" thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I greased the rear hub last week, today I thought the rear wheel is knocking when I put the bike down, thinking that the hub had settled a little and needing pinching up a little, just to find the rear Q.R. lose, never done that in my life. (till now)

DRHysted

Guru
Having to look straight at the light (doesn't matter if it's front or rear) just to check it's working.
Then you have to wait for vision to return.

MisterStan

Label Required
Having changed a tube over part way home on a commute, whilst I was pumping up the tube, I managed to snap the valve off, luckily I still had a spare tube to get home on.
Recently when removing the clip on adaptor from the valve, I managed to tear off the top of the valve core.
Must be more gentle!

jayjay

Veteran
I deflated many tires I had filled with air so I could put the wheel back on my bike, this was before I realized there was a quick release lever on my brakes.

Ah, I know someone already knows that the v-brake handily unhooks to give tyre clearance but seems surprised to discover it anew when wheel removal seems a bit difficult. Usually after the tyre has been deflated.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Well thanks everybody, what a fab start to the day.

Thought I'd have a quick browse before setting off for work. Note to self, next time, do not put mascara on before reading this thread!!!

Have a great day x

OK, went out on my bike at short notice today. I was having one of those days, where everything seemed to be breaking down, van first then laptop, then front gate. Thought I just needed a ride to sort my head out. Shouted to the wife that I was going out, and she shouted back that she had cleaned my water bottles. Went to kitchen grabbed my water bottles which were full, and I thought oh thats nice she has already prepared them. Anyway, 20km into my ride I thought I would have a drink when I took a large slug of water with fairy liquid in it. Spitting and gagging for some time, I thought no I need a drink so took the other bottle, and just the same. I spent the next 20km home coughing, gagging and thirsty as hell. When I got back my wife said, "well I told you so, why do you never listen to me?".

Bit of a shite day really, so I thought I would fix the van, tried to take off the starter motor, sheared two bolts and skinned my knuckles. Thought bugger this, I going to open a beer and watch the rugby. England got thrashed, my football team also got thrashed, so think I will open the vodka.

Lets hope Sunday will be better:cry:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
OK, went out on my bike at short notice today. I was having one of those days, where everything seemed to be breaking down, van first then laptop, then front gate. Thought I just needed a ride to sort my head out. Shouted to the wife that I was going out, and she shouted back that she had cleaned my water bottles. Went to kitchen grabbed my water bottles which were full, and I thought oh thats nice she has already prepared them. Anyway, 20km into my ride I thought I would have a drink when I took a large slug of water with fairy liquid in it. Spitting and gagging for some time, I thought no I need a drink so took the other bottle, and just the same. I spent the next 20km home coughing, gagging and thirsty as hell. When I got back my wife said, "well I told you so, why do you never listen to me?".

Bit of a s***e day really, so I thought I would fix the van, tried to take off the starter motor, sheared two bolts and skinned my knuckles. Thought bugger this, I going to open a beer and watch the rugby. England got thrashed, my football team also got thrashed, so think I will open the vodka.

Lets hope Sunday will be better:cry:
:rofl: Sorry, shouldn't laugh :laugh: hope your Sunday will make up for this ... I mean ... it cannae get any worse!

Top Bottom