The "oh what a Wally I am" thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wilko

Veteran
I recently posted that I couldn't fit a bottle cage because the boss holes were too small and the bolts didn't fit. Had a proper look this morning and realised the bolts wouldn't fit because there were already bolts fitted in there!!:blink:

machew

Veteran
Sat on the handlebars of a fixie and cycled forwards from my point of view, but backwards from everyone else

GrasB

Veteran
So I bought a new bike (to me) from the bay of fleas in mid feb which arrived by courier who had kindly damaged the large chain ring by dropping it from a great height! :headshake:

So I have only had middle and small ring. Been so obsessed with sorting it out and getting compensation for a new one that I hadn't thought about anything else on the bike. Today comp arrived so decided to treat myself as well as a new crank and BB, to get a new chain and rear cassette only to find out that the reason I have been struggling up hills in my fat suit is because the cassette is bloody 11-21!

Serves me right for not checking I suppose..... :wacko:
Pah... 22-622 tyre, 49t chainring & a 15t 'cassette' & no I didn't walk it :tongue:

GrasB

Veteran
Yeah but you don't live in brecon beacons where everything is up hill! ;)
I have successfully raced & TTed on a 11-21 cassette with a 36/52 compact. I only race when I visit a little village in the middle of that small mountain range called The Alps. :tongue:

Mange-tout

Also, I once turned up on a beginners' MTB day to realise I had forgotten my cycling shoes and had to cycle in what I was wearing................ flip-flops:tongue:. Think it must have been a warm day if I was wearing flip flops...........remember those days?

Lanzecki

Über Member
OK, I am going to stop admitting to my total incompetency at some point but until I do...

...today I did the usual chain clean & lube and noticed that the chain (new on 150 miles ago) was threaded outside the derailleur cage at the lower jockey wheel. No wonder it seemed like hard work all last week.

Aww man! That just stupid. Who would do the same as that then take the deraillier to pieces instead of using the quick link.. Oops.. :smile:

katymac

I was struggling to get up the hills on my usual ride and feeling defeated, so I decided my motivational mantra would be "Don't look at the hill". I was busy not looking at the hill when I road into the back of a parked car. Luckily I wasn't going very many msph so no damage was done.

screenman

Legendary Member
Bought some embrocation cream when I was 15, squirted it on my legs and rubbed it all over only to realise it was tub cement. My excuse was the label was written in French.

ushills

Veteran
Bought some embrocation cream when I was 15, squirted it on my legs and rubbed it all over only to realise it was tub cement. My excuse was the label was written in French.
Never put embrocation cream onto your chamois, thinking its chamois cream. I now never use either!

Top Bottom