The "oh what a Wally I am" thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RiflemanSmith

What idiot decides to replace his bottom bracket, puts the bike on the stand wheels and chain off then realises that he doesn't even have a crank puller.

I went into Aldi the other day and bought a pair of shorts which I was quite pleased with, so I went in the following day to buy another pair, no joy sold out.
A helpful shop assistant pointed me in the direction of the next-nearest store so off I pedalled and started looking around on arrival. Couldn't see what I wanted so sought out another assistant, who for some totally unexplained reason was wearing a Lidl badge and pointed me in the direction of the Aldi store just up the road.:whistle:

I went into Aldi the other day and bought a pair of shorts which I was quite pleased with, so I went in the following day to buy another pair, no joy sold out.
A helpful shop assistant pointed me in the direction of the next-nearest store so off I pedalled and started looking around on arrival. Couldn't see what I wanted so sought out another assistant, who for some totally unexplained reason was wearing a Lidl badge and pointed me in the direction of the Aldi store just up the road.:whistle:
I can't tell the difference between them either.

malcermie

Reminds me of going to a plumbbase shop that was next door to a ladies nail parour! Thought it looked a bit posh for a plumbing shop and the pretty assistant was a bit well dressed! When I asked for a 15mm copper bend she politely pointed to the shop next door!!:wub:

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
You would never catch me get up at 5.30 on a bank holiday, make a picnic for 5, make up five water bottles, fit the bike rack on the car and load up the bikes, get the kids up and dressed, fight with my daughter why she cant wear her princess dress, herd everyone into the car, let the boy back into the house to go to the toilet, set off for a 40 min drive, get all the bikes off the car, load my bike up with the panniers, lock the car, go to jump on my bike to find I'm still wearing my farkING slippers!!! :cursing:

Finnjävel

I stripped the threads from my seat clamp, at 11.15 pm, 20 km away from home with almost no battery in my mobile. All I needed were some restless natives and/or a biologically unlikely monster and I would have had a proper movie situation.

I decided to try slime in my tyres. Got some into the front one. Pumped it up. Realised as I was about to do the rear that there was more than half of it left. Left the front tyre re-deflating. Squirted slime into rear tyre. Squirted a bit more into front tyre. Started pumping up rear tyre. 10 seconds later there is an explosion. There is green goo dripping off my (just cleaned) bike. Off the trailer it is leaning against. Off the nearest cat :laugh: (ok, not really). I decided to check indoors in a mirror. It was dripping off my hair and all down my face. Fortunately I couldn't find a camera or my phone to take a picture :whistle:
Trouble is, because I'd gone back to top up the front tyre, there wasn't really much left to go into the newly inner-tubed back tyre :angry: Next time I pump up a tyre, I must remember it is a good idea to check there isn't a bit poking out that's got trapped........

I decided to try slime in my tyres. Got some into the front one. Pumped it up. Realised as I was about to do the rear that there was more than half of it left. Left the front tyre re-deflating. Squirted slime into rear tyre. Squirted a bit more into front tyre. Started pumping up rear tyre. 10 seconds later there is an explosion. There is green goo dripping off my (just cleaned) bike. Off the trailer it is leaning against. Off the nearest cat :laugh: (ok, not really). I decided to check indoors in a mirror. It was dripping off my hair and all down my face. Fortunately I couldn't find a camera or my phone to take a picture :whistle:
Trouble is, because I'd gone back to top up the front tyre, there wasn't really much left to go into the newly inner-tubed back tyre :angry: Next time I pump up a tyre, I must remember it is a good idea to check there isn't a bit poking out that's got trapped........

For this reason i buy the pre-filled ones.

With air? Why didn't I know about these when i bought my track pump? I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known.

Talking of wallys :smile:
They're not technically pre-filled, you put them on the wheel then in the tyre then pull the little cord out of the valve and hey presto an inflated tyre.

Lanzecki

Über Member
They're not technically pre-filled, you put them on the wheel then in the tyre then pull the little cord out of the valve and hey presto an inflated tyre.

Ahh like a self inflating life vest. I've got an anti gravity saddle on the way, I'll have to see if I can add on some of those....

*Edited to make sense.

Top Bottom