The "oh what a Wally I am" thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I always go for the helium filled ones, they need inflating more often but they help with rolling resistance.
They make you lighter too ! ^_^

Alan57

Riding up the hill near my house on my MTB , couldn`t understand why I could not shift on the front mech , cursed the f***ing bike. life and everything in between. Things always go wrong on a hill I thought wondering what the hell was wrong , mech buggered , cable snapped, stretched, only to find when I got off and looked that i`d pulled the cable out of the stop on the frame when cleaning it the day before so it was totally slack. Too much elbow grease and not enough thought and care !

RiflemanSmith

On Saturday night riding to the the start at Ally Pally for this years Night rider, I was looking down at the course on my Garmin and rode straight into the back of a parked lorry at 14 Mph.
I hit the lorry so hard I was stunned, surprisingly the bike faired very well, broken left shifter and scuff makes on the other one few scratches here and there and the handle bars went out of alignment but the front wheel was not buckled or bent.
I had to do the whole 74 miles on the little chain ring and with just the front brake, what a numpty!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
When I got back into cycling I went and bought a MTB from decathlon and tried to put it in the boot of my car to get it home. It wouldn't fit. I then tried to remove the front wheel, so I undid the QR skewer and pulled it out - but it wouldn't budge. For the next ten minutes (stood in the rain) I struggled with this wheel trying to force it out but it wouldn't budge. Then one of the store staff walked up and unclipped the v-brake :blush:

OP
OP
Kins

Kins

Über Member
On Saturday night riding to the the start at Ally Pally for this years Night rider, I was looking down at the course on my Garmin and rode straight into the back of a parked lorry at 14 Mph.
I hit the lorry so hard I was stunned, surprisingly the bike faired very well, broken left shifter and scuff makes on the other one few scratches here and there and the handle bars went out of alignment but the front wheel was not buckled or bent.
I had to do the whole 74 miles on the little chain ring and with just the front brake, what a numpty!

Jesus, glad you were ok.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
:eek: You were lucky to get away without more serious damage (and I mean to you not the bike).

Fair play carrying on with the ride after that.:thumbsup:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
First as an explanation as to what "little & "Large" are....

7256_616931164984790_1686861209_n.jpg

So #1 why I do not love cycling today. "Little" does not have a uppy bit in boot, so when you brake everything flys out the back on to road

#2 The pump broke when i really needed it causing me to have to come home & restart journey.

#3 in my haste to get off again & having had to use car tyre pump I left car keys in car door & had to come home again!

#4 Changed from Little to Large due to boot issue I clanked round corners I had forgotten to put spacer back on after wheel clean- home again

#5 Trailer hitch then played silly buggers with wheel alignment - back home again to adjust & tighten

#6 After arriving at beach then setting off to ice cream stall, trailer detaches from bike (safety line works along with nut thing

#7 All bike tools in "Little" I had forgotten to move them to "Large" so nothing with me to fix, trailer then attached by safety line

Hero of the Day The Tractor/Maintenance type man from Royal Victoria Country Park who put my nut & trailer hitch back on bike and fixed all - thanks

Top Bottom