The Olympic Trivial Thing Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
For those little odd things you spot, or that occur to you as you're watching.

My kickoff - I've just noticed that Clare Balding, at the swimming, has a pencil case of pens on the table next to her clipboard. I wonder if she bought it specially, like kids do for a new school year.

Also, if you look at the back end of the eights rowing boats, the motion of the rearmost rower back and forth, in relation to the cox, makes it look like the back end of the boat is concertina-ing in and out.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
For those little odd things you spot...
....in relation to the cox, makes it look like the back end of the boat is concertina-ing in and out.

Where's Fnaar?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Air rifle shooting, so far, doesn't seem to me to be a natural spectator sport....

In fact I think one of the competitors might be stuffed, I haven't seen her move!

Night Train

Maker of Things
My kickoff - I've just noticed that Clare Balding, at the swimming, has a pencil case of pens on the table next to her clipboard. I wonder if she bought it specially, like kids do for a new school year.
She is also colour co-ordinated with the decor, as was the Queen when she made an appearance on that helter-skelter thing.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Why is there a cycle race on the banks of the river at the same time as the rowing? :unsure: Are they the same nationalities as the rowers?

TVC

Why is there a cycle race on the banks of the river at the same time as the rowing? :unsure: Are they the same nationalities as the rowers?

They're not very good are they, I reckon even I could out pace a boat but they seem to only just keep up.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Not a race. Just people watching the progress of the rowers - hence I wondered if they were trainers...

Norm

River? The rowing isn't on the river.
Not a race. Just people watching the progress of the rowers - hence I wondered if they were trainers...
Yes, only the coaches & trainers can get their bikes into the arena. I asked earlier. :biggrin: I'll check their forks whilst I'm there. ;)

Top Bottom