The Olympics ! (spoilers etc..)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
round 1 to VP.

redcard

Veteran
Must say I was a bit apprehensive when it was announced Cav was joining the commmentary team, but he's been excellent every time.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yes, I saw that earlier on l'équipe's website. So the technical director thinks it's the secret wheels, Clara Sanchez, who lost Pendleton's rear wheel, descended into innuendo worthy of an Equipe keyboard warrior (Elle [VP] est hors norme. Tous les Anglais sont hors norme.). The only cyclist I've seen who's prepared to understand the gap between the teams is Grégory Baugé. (Ils [Team GB] savent mettre les moyens, aller chercher ce qu'ils n'ont pas. Ils ont trouvé un démarreur mais ils ont été tous les trois forts. Ils ont été meilleurs que nous. Ils savent préparer les JO. Il y a quatre ans ils l'ont montré. On va se poser les questions sur nos performances. Il faut poser la question au DTN, aux coaches. Il faut analyser tout ça pour essayer de rectifier.) Rough translation: they know how to use the means at their disposal, and go looking for what they don't have(Hindes). They found a starter but all three were strong. They know how to prepare for the Olympics - they showed that 4 years ago. We'll have to ask questions about our own performance, the technical team, the coaches. All that needs to be analysed before we can try to put it right.

Top Bottom