The Olympics ! (spoilers etc..)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
If we're talking about silly rules, just look at the format for the team pursuit. The match races have been arranged to reduce the likelihood of a catch by pairing up teams more evenly, but the upshot is that the teams that qualified 5-8 yesterday are already out of contention for gold and silver.

d.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
This tennis match is ridiculous, passed 4 hours already needs some kind of sudden death.

rvw

Guru
Just through the door from work in time to see the mens pursuit do the last km - whoo-hoo! World record too.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Wonderful to see QUEEN VICTORIA get her gold, fantastic performance. I have to feel a pang of sympathy for Meares though
Now there's a couple of races the Aussies won't want to watch again. What a time to be watching British cycling!

Paul_L

Über Member
I think this also bodes well for the individual sprint as well. I don't think Meares is at the peak of her form. When she hit the front after the derny left the track, she came from about 4th or 5th wheel back so must have exerted loads of effort. Far too early and she couldn't make it stick. Signs of a woman who knew she's up against a stronger rider, so resorted to desperate tactics. The Chinese, HK and French rider reacted when Vick stormed to the front, but Meares just went backwards.

Chuffed to bits as i have to admit, i thought Meares would win double gold.

Top Bottom