The Olympics ! (spoilers etc..)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
It looked like we pulled away from them in all 3 parts, or is that just a side effect of being slightly ahead on the acceleration curve from the start? Ive not really watched this before, but it looks like the young guy had the most important job getting the team up to speed.

:cheers:

Wonder if we could see Hindes go over to the Match Sprint in future, certainly looked good enough against Bauge there.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Wonder if we could see Hindes go over to the Match Sprint in future, certainly looked good enough against Bauge there.
For sure he'll be there or there abouts - great thing is he's the next generation and will be around with Kenny for a while yet.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Is anyone else completely hacked off by the amount of empty seats. Can't believe i applied for every session at the velodrome, got nothing and have been refreshing the ticket page 100s of times a day on the off chance, but some lucky free loaders who have tickets can't be bothered turning up.
yes

iLB

Hello there
Anyone else see Hindes appear to admit to cheating in the first round on interview?

Paul_L

Über Member
Did anyone see the GB golden trio being interviewed by Jill Douglas earlier. Hindes pretty much admitted he hit the deck in the qualifying round because he knew he messed his start up. Nothing to do with a mechanical. Kenny and Hoy looked at each other with a look of "shut the F up man".

Nothing wrong with a bit of gamesmanship but a bit of youthful lack of tact to admit as such.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Shame about the ladies, they could almost do with some very small time penalty, enough that a mistake downranks you a bit rather than disqualifies completely imho.
I think the the rules mean they were relegated in the heat they compete in, rather than being disqualified, hence China still winning silver. Same difference though :sad:

Pottsy

Anyone else see Hindes appear to admit to cheating in the first round on interview?

I saw that and was a bit horrified. So basically if you have a rubbish start the tactic is to throw yourself off the bike or pretend to have a mechanical and hence get a restart. Surely not!?!

Top Bottom