The Olympics ! (spoilers etc..)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Although a short lived WR!

It looks like we are going to see WRs tumble in the velodrome.
I see they're not even bothering to mention Olympic records now.

Argh, my front wheel's gone wobbly~!!!!!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
What's the opinion on the reasons for the infringement? Looked to me like Jess's fault for easing up slightly too early... or was it Vicky winding up her sprint too soon?

Either way, really feel sorry for them. The decision appears to be correct but it's a silly technical infringement that didn't give them any advantage or affect their opponents. It was half a wheel length, FFS!

d.

Paul_L

Über Member
Is anyone else completely hacked off by the amount of empty seats. Can't believe i applied for every session at the velodrome, got nothing and have been refreshing the ticket page 100s of times a day on the off chance, but some lucky free loaders who have tickets can't be bothered turning up.

What's the opinion on the reasons for the infringement? Looked to me like Jess's fault for easing up slightly too early... or was it Vicky winding up her sprint too soon?

Either way, really feel sorry for them. The decision appears to be correct but it's a silly technical infringement that didn't give them any advantage or affect their opponents. It was half a wheel length, FFS!

d.

Seems odd that it means you are disqualified rather than getting a time penalty.
If a boxer punches the other guy downstairs he is not disqualified so rather harsh to be out completely.

buddha

Veteran
It's that same official again. Didn't he rule something similar in the World's previously against GB?

Top Bottom