The Olympics ! (spoilers etc..)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aJohnson

Feel bad for the Chinese womens team. They were the fastest there and deserve gold.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Yeah, congrats to Germany but they were the third-best team in the competition and some tosser in a blazer has decided they should get the gold. I know rules is rules but it's spoiling the sport.

d.

Danny

Legendary Member
I know there need to be rules, but there's something wrong with an event where the two best teams get disqualified for what appear to be minor infringements.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Velodramatic or what ?!

Gutted for both GB and China teams that their efforts flounder in this way.
At least China get a consolation silver medal for their performance.

Well done Germany - first medals on the track.

aJohnson

I know there need to be rules, but there's something wrong with an event where the two best teams get disqualified for what appear to be minor infringements.

I don't even see why these rules are existent to be honest. I don't see how breaking them would give the team an advantage.

Is it to ensure that both members do equal work?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Rules are rules.

GB is was half a wheel, it was visible. China though, unable to call from the video replays shown, so unless another angle shows it better than this was a bad decision IMO.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I don't even see why these rules are existent to be honest. I don't see how breaking them would give the team an advantage.

Is it to ensure that both members do equal work?

So that each rider does 1 complete lap worth of work on the front yes.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
GOLD !!!!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
We really are quite good at cycling at the moment :smile:

Shame about the ladies, they could almost do with some very small time penalty, enough that a mistake downranks you a bit rather than disqualifies completely imho.

Top Bottom