The one that got away

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Ever regret letting a bike or a part slip through your fingers?

Mine was a Dura Ace square taper (my favourite taper) track crankset spotted loitering unwanted in Condor Cycles some years ago, priced far cheaper than what seemed to be the going rate for that sort of thing. I didn't pull the trigger because I had no real need for it. Nevertheless I kept my eye on it for close to a year, occasionally visiting it to test my resolve. Finally it slipped away. Now I kind of wish I'd bought it, if only to shut up that part of my brain that formulates then tallies regrets.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Bicycles are like trains. You miss one, there is always another one coming along. If I miss one bicycle, I know another deal is out there waiting, calling my wallet.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My Dad stopped me buying a beautiful used Claude Butler racing bike from Hayling Island cycles in about 1987. I was not happy.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Yep was watching an old Carlton on eBay the other day, nearly slipped in a £35 bid thought better of it and it sold for £26 or something - was lovely as well. Could've sat in a mates garage until I decided to do something with it and wifey would never have known :shy:

Top Bottom