The Only Way Is Up!

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Richard A Thackeray, 8 Jul 2019.

1. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

My son rode this last year - this year it was the day after Otley so he chose not to ride it.

Just up-hill for 5 levels.

2. I think some of the columns, walls, barriers and road paint could at a potentially greater speed with majority of weight on the front wheel on down ramps could be a recipe for disaster on a downhill. I'd love to try it up hill though :okay:

3. Essentially my thoughts, it was more of a hope that they don't

Plus any oil & diesel, that the organisers may miss on their walk-through the course

HLaB likes this.
  4. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

After Velo Birmingham this year, the group of us had a race to the top of the multistory to see who would get the front seat of the car for the journey back. We are all in our 40s :smile:

Vantage likes this.
  5. I rode a Raleigh 20 to the top of our parking deck at work to catch a hit-and-run driver the fellows in the office saw on camera.

NorthernDave and CarlP like this.
  6. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

That does look a lot of fun!

There are a few shared-use pedestrian/cyclist road bridges that I have ridden over which have nice spiral access ramps. If there aren't pedestrians around at the time I usually sprint up them.

As a runner, @Richard A Thackeray, perhaps you'd prefer this type of event ...?

7. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

"Most winny" ... xx(

8. More of an ex-runner, at the moment
    Had little niggling knee problems for a year or so
    Only affected me when running; walk/climb stairs/ride bike = no problems
    I also need to lose the 2 Stones that I've put on too:blush::blush:

9. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

It's your knees asking you: "Why do you keep running around when you own a perfectly good bicycle?"

10. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Anyone else slightly disappointed the thread isn't about this?

screenman likes this.
  11. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

Well, there's a coincidence... My sister is here and was just complaining about how painful her knees are since a 2 stone weight gain, and I told her that mine used to hurt until I lost weight!

12. alicat

alicat Legendary Member

The race in the multi storey reminds me of doing my cycling proficiency in the Merrion Centre car park, a loooooong time ago.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice