The Only Way Is Up!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My son rode this last year - this year it was the day after Otley so he chose not to ride it.

Just up-hill for 5 levels.

I think some of the columns, walls, barriers and road paint could at a potentially greater speed with majority of weight on the front wheel on down ramps could be a recipe for disaster on a downhill. I'd love to try it up hill though :okay:
Essentially my thoughts, it was more of a hope that they don't

Plus any oil & diesel, that the organisers may miss on their walk-through the course

Milkfloat

An Peanut
After Velo Birmingham this year, the group of us had a race to the top of the multistory to see who would get the front seat of the car for the journey back. We are all in our 40s :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That does look a lot of fun!

There are a few shared-use pedestrian/cyclist road bridges that I have ridden over which have nice spiral access ramps. If there aren't pedestrians around at the time I usually sprint up them.

As a runner, @Richard A Thackeray, perhaps you'd prefer this type of event ...?

As a runner, @Richard A Thackeray, perhaps you'd prefer this type of event ...?

More of an ex-runner, at the moment
Had little niggling knee problems for a year or so
Only affected me when running; walk/climb stairs/ride bike = no problems
I also need to lose the 2 Stones that I've put on too:blush::blush:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
More of an ex-runner, at the moment
Had little niggling knee problems for a year or so
Only affected me when running; walk/climb stairs/ride bike = no problems
I also need to lose the 2 Stones that I've put on too:blush::blush:
Well, there's a coincidence... My sister is here and was just complaining about how painful her knees are since a 2 stone weight gain, and I told her that mine used to hurt until I lost weight!

alicat

Legendary Member
The race in the multi storey reminds me of doing my cycling proficiency in the Merrion Centre car park, a loooooong time ago.

Top Bottom