The over use of question marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ball games are difficult for those with one eyed vision.
Seems it's ok to drive though...

Levo-Lon

Guru
Fortunately i never really grasped the finer point's of spelling and grammar..so a inappropriately used ? causes me no concern or distress..

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Do a MOOC, you may even find one on bits of English you want to learn Accy. All you need is your computer and a couple to a few hours a week for a few weeks.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've been studying posts on here and on other sites. I've noticed that people tend to use question marks when they aren't necessary. For example,if i was to write I don't think you should be doing that,surely it's a statement and not a question. If i was to put a question mark at the end of it then it looks as if i'm asking if you shouldn't be doing it,not saying that you shouldn't. Notice how i haven't put any question marks at the end of my sentences,as i don't think they should be there. What do you think about this? Are they over used and used incorrectly? (now that last sentence is a question,so it's worthy of a question mark):smile:

Nearly as annoying as people who are driving the capitalised first person pronoun 'I' into extinction. :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
Seems it's ok to drive though...

Ball games require the datum from stereoscopic vision in order for the brain to be able to calculate where to put the hands to catch or strike a ball.

Driving is concerned with motion and vision at greater ranges than arms length, so the loss of depth perception has a much lesser effect, and with practice the brain can overcome this quite successfully. The only time one eyed drivers suffer with their lack of depth perception is in very heavy rain, fog or falling snow. Mrs D, being one-eyed and a sensible ex copper, will not drive under those conditions. The rest of the time she is still an ex police advanced driver and can drive rings around the average two eyed motorist, including me who's ex Class 1 and I daresay you as well.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Nearly as annoying as people who are driving the capitalised first person pronoun 'I' into extinction. :smile:
I don't know what you mean but i've liked it.:scratch: This is why i'm thinking of improving my written English.:okay:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ball games require the datum from stereoscopic vision in order for the brain to be able to calculate where to put the hands to catch or strike a ball.

Yes,it's difficult to work out where the ball is. I've been at football matches,where i'm close to the pitch and have embarrassingly ducked down when in my mind,i see the ball flying towards me when it isn't. Yet throwing things at targets isn't a problem. If i had for example, a cricket ball in my hand, i could reach the intended target fairly accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom