The over use of question marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

@Rickshaw Phil, @Shaun is it possible to limit @Accy cyclist's access? I'm putting him on Ignore but I do feel this is going to end in tears.

Agreed. It's either trolling, or the aforementioned personality disorder. Either way, not good.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I've been studying posts on here and on other sites. I've noticed that people tend to use question marks when they aren't necessary. For example,if i was to write I don't think you should be doing that,surely it's a statement and not a question. If i was to put a question mark at the end of it then it looks as if i'm asking if you shouldn't be doing it,not saying that you shouldn't. Notice how i haven't put any question marks at the end of my sentences,as i don't think they should be there. What do you think about this? Are they over used and used incorrectly? (now that last sentence is a question,so it's worthy of a question mark):smile:
You've used a question mark a dozen times in the first few posts of your two other trending questions about stuff you could just read up for yourself or solve for yourself. Why on Earth are you starting inane threads about nothing? Why not go for a bike ride? Join a grammar forum? IMO it's getting tedious logging on only to have to dodge all this shoot.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
This is a serious question(notice how i didn't put a question mark there,like some would do). I'm thinking about going to night classes for Adults to improve my Written English. I want to clear things up before i ask such questions in those classes and get a few snide remarks.

I think there's big positives for night class, I went to an inner city college which did a lot of things also at night (I didn't). I mean how are you getting along with that idea, September is one of the times these sorts of things usually start? I think there's a lot to be said for classes in person, the travel, humans are social animals, easier motivating yourself in an actual classroom (well once there anyway).

I just mentioned the MOOCs because there's so much out there and it is usually around 6 weeks. It is dip your toe in and not a massive commitment. You're someone who likes using computers so maybe that's an advantage of them for you. You could try some to see what you like studying and a stepping stone to another course, maybe in person?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Agreed. It's either trolling, or the aforementioned personality disorder. Either way, not good.

You've used a question mark a dozen times in the first few posts of your two other trending questions about stuff you could just read up for yourself or solve for yourself. Why on Earth are you starting inane threads about nothing? Why not go for a bike ride? Join a grammar forum? IMO it's getting tedious logging on only to have to dodge all this shoot.

It's really not that difficult. Don't click on Accy's threads or put him on ignore.
We all 'ignore' certain posters or, indeed, entire sections. It really is that simple.
It's almost as if certain people are 'stalking' Accy to point out that they think he's a troll, an idiot or an attention seeker.

TVC

I ordered a stuffed crust pizza and it arrived late
Ah memories

classic33

Leg End Member
Charity begins at home, even if you have lost.

lutonloony

Über Member
I was rebuked (fairly in retrospect) yesterday for a comment about Accy. I don't know his full circumstances, but perhaps CC is a social circle for him, so that he throws out topics to get replies? Block him if you don't like his posts, or be prepared for " Accy thoughts"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom