The Peddars way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Has anybody ridden along the peddars way? I read it can be ridden on bikes for the most part with a couple of diversions....but I suspect the surface is probably best suited to mountain bikes?? ... I'll be on my loaded galaxy, what do you reckon? Worth a go or should I stick to a road surface?

Brock

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/261549

There's a few pictures of it on this site, if that helps. Use the compass points to follow it up on the OS.
Never ridden it myself. Doesn't look terrible though :?:

B1ondini

Hi, I live close by, and have driven it a few times in my Land Rover. I seem to mostly get on it when the weather is not very good but I wouldn't fancy riding it on anything other than a very lightly loaded MB - not with my legs anyway! It is mostly grassy and quite boggy in a few places.

If you wanted to head out this way on your Galaxy, there is the North Norfolk Coast Cycle Route which sticks to very back roads. Total distance of around 120 miles form Kings Lynn to Great Yarmouth.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Thganks chaps...it was the surface info I was after...grass and boggy isnt good....so I'll giv eit a miss...it was just a thought. The coastal route is getting done anyway :eek:

RoMeR

Über Member
Thganks chaps...it was the surface info I was after...grass and boggy isnt good....so I'll giv eit a miss...it was just a thought. The coastal route is getting done anyway :eek:
The coast route is great, did it about 5 years ago. I followed most of it but made a few diversions to see things of interest. If camping, call at Baconsthorpe Camp nr Holt, by far the best & cheapest site on route, enjoy it.

Top Bottom