The perfect weekend.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It's going to be a great weekend.

I'm off to York to see Richie Blackmore at the Grand Opera House with some friends from my schools days in Darlington after we've had a meal.

I've just collected Woodrup's flagship belt drive touring bike which is now regally at rest chez Vernon and is on loan for the entire weekend for a test ride.

What more could I want?

TVC

I'm stocktaking at work tomorrow, then decorating the bathroom: Swap ya?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Richie Blackmore!!! Is he still playing the lute and other archaic instruments or has he returned to playing a proper axe?

I'm planning on riding up to Bentham to visit a friend and her hubby and their new baby, then heading up to Barbon to explore a few bridleways before coming back into town, possibly via a pub lunch when I'll be getting ratted at a house warming... but then again, I may just get ratted at a house warming if my lazy gene kicks in :whistle:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Can't quite beat XMrIS but
Sat, Watch England V Scotland morning, afternoon watch Huddersfield RUFC (Cubester ball-boying) whilst drinking beer, evening travel to York to be spoilt by Cubenanna.
Sunday watch Huddersfield RUFC U14's playing Malton and Norton in the first round of the Yorkshire Cup, with a potential beer or two, then travel back home and watch one or two of the matches I've sky-plussed.

Mrs Cube wants me to mend a toilet seat somewhere along the line. I think she's being unreasonably optimistic.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

it's the second half of our wedding tomorrow! Can't wait!

Is that the divorce?

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Richie Blackmore!!! Is he still playing the lute and other archaic instruments or has he returned to playing a proper axe?

I'm planning on riding up to Bentham to visit a friend and her hubby and their new baby, then heading up to Barbon to explore a few bridleways before coming back into town, possibly via a pub lunch when I'll be getting ratted at a house warming... but then again, I may just get ratted at a house warming if my lazy gene kicks in :whistle:

He's still playing the lute. Sadly I was underwhelmed by the gig dnd found elements of the experience bizarre like Blackmore and his wife allowing their toddler to come onto the stage stage managing their daughter's appearance on the stage during the performance. Many of the songs were same-ish and Candice Night is a one trick pony when it came to voice modulation.

There were flashes of Blackmore's brilliance but much of the stage was hogged by Candice.

The band has a loyal and uncritical following.

I won't be attending any further gigs of his with the current line up.

I've still got the ride on the nice bike to look forwards to.

Arch

Married to Night Train
We went for a stroll along the river, and then lunched at the Pig and Pastry, dropped into Pextons and discovered they stock the 'golden fleece' style scourers my Mum likes, which seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth, so I've bought her three packs. Also, although they couldn't cut the rare chubb key needed, they knew who probably could. And we've browsed an antique shop and the Banana Warehouse and Cycle Heaven, and been grocery shopping so we have pizza and apple pie and ice cream for dinner.

And tomorrow, we might go for a pootle.

Nothing ground breaking, just nice.

Top Bottom