The perils of cheap ebikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
They have little choice in the matter. On the train I asked the Uber guy about his battery size, which he confirmed as 2kwh.
The problem thus is finding a quality supplier at a reasonable price.

Also, with wages often well below the minimum wage, too often they will be forced to opt for the cheapest without discern.

vickster

Legendary Member
They have little choice in the matter. On the train I asked the Uber guy about his battery size, which he confirmed as 2kwh.
The problem thus is finding a quality supplier at a reasonable price.

Also, with wages often well below the minimum wage, too often they will be forced to opt for the cheapest without discern.

They could just pedal :whistle:

dicko

Guru
Was that a serious question?

Don't be a slave to Gillette (other multi blade overpriced, environmentally unfriendly, cartridge razor systems are available) or be a scruff with a beard.

Proper shaving is on a revival path...
Yes, I have gone back to wet shaving after suffering severe scratches from my Braun foil which split. I now use Gillette 3 disposable razors which are great and last two weeks each easily.

Drago

Legendary Member

Not in this hirsute household.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Was that a serious question?

Don't be a slave to Gillette (other multi blade overpriced, environmentally unfriendly, cartridge razor systems are available) or be a scruff with a beard.

What’s wrong with?

UC2614lg.jpg

albion

Guru
TFL in London have banned ebikes and eScooters from all services. Underground, overground, trams and buses -WRONG

"
The ban that Transport for London (TfL) currently has in place relates specifically to the carriage of e-scooters and e-unicycles, and does not include e-bikes. Purpose build e-bikes are built to regulated standards and the models sold by retailers are, in the vast majority of cases, likely to use batteries that meet UK safety requirements.
The decision to not include e-bikes, was based on the relative level of risk, including taking into account incidents on TfL’s network related to those vehicle types at the time of the ban. All non-folding bicycles are subject to restrictions across the network and cannot be taken on buses, which, in turn, limits where non-folding e-bikes can be taken.
We know that some bikes are converted to e-bikes through the addition of batteries onto existing push bikes and that the quality of the batteries used in these instances is likely to vary"

That signifies that DIY bikes might not get on board, it depending on the driver. Again we are back to 'the perils of cheap ebikes'.

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
Aye, same here. The city centre is a nightmare enough as it is for traffic of all kinds. These guys zipping around on those bikes are a total liability.

Most recently I saw one bombing along the wrong way down a bus lane, one handed and on his phone. A disaster waiting to happen.

And in Leeds City Centre, they're an utter menace to anybody, and anything else near them, no lights, face masks and black ninja clothing, zipping round pedestrians and traffic alike, they will kill someone, sooner rather than later imho

Top Bottom