The Photography Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was visiting someone in hospital and spotted this trolley on its own in a deserted corridor.

image.jpeg

Thanks @Goggs

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
I live 25km from another TDF landmark, Mont Ventoux. I've been up it in the car, passing literally hundreds of cyclists on the way. It's a helluva climb & the romantic in me would like to think I'll one day make it. I won't. I'm sorely tempted to throw the bike in the car however, drive to the top with my wife & race down the other side. That is achievable.

Thanks mate, it's as close to art as I get. Sadly.
Mont Ventoux is a possible for us, depending on how we feel. It could well be worth a couple of hours drive, being 'so close'. However, Ventoux can be savage and I'm not convinced my aging legs are up to it. We shall have to see.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Can't stretch to a DSLR, but I'm enjoying using the Nikon P510 that the wife bought me as a pressie a couple of years ago. It fits nicely in my panniers surrounded by bubblewrap. One of the few things I don't like about it compared to my old film SLRs is that the LCD is hard to focus with, especially in sunlight or when I've forgotten my reading glasses, and the EVF is rubbish.

Both of these could be addressed with an add-on loupe/viewfinder, there are a few around the £40/50 range such as the Sevenoak and Tarion. Does anyone have any experience of those, or others they could recommend ?

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Can't stretch to a DSLR, but I'm enjoying using the Nikon P510 that the wife bought me as a pressie a couple of years ago. It fits nicely in my panniers surrounded by bubblewrap. One of the few things I don't like about it compared to my old film SLRs is that the LCD is hard to focus with, especially in sunlight or when I've forgotten my reading glasses, and the EVF is rubbish.

Both of these could be addressed with an add-on loupe/viewfinder, there are a few around the £40/50 range such as the Sevenoak and Tarion. Does anyone have any experience of those, or others they could recommend ?

One of the reasons I went for a Canon G15 I must admit, not much help tho'. Generally when I'm out on the bike I use a Vivitar I got for 99p and let it worry about the focusing. I get an approximate frame with the LCD and crop as necessary when I put it on the computer.

upload_2016-8-15_21-31-55.png

Dave 123

Legendary Member
The Tally Ho Inn, Hatherleigh

image.jpeg

Does the LCD have a zoom function? i.e. you can zoom a section to focus. I can do this on my SLR in liveview mode. Other than that I don't know. I must admit to not liking evf's and quite a few high end cameras, Fujis and Olympus have them which kind of excludes them for me.

Top Bottom