The Photography Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Does the LCD have a zoom function? i.e. you can zoom a section to focus. I can do this on my SLR in liveview mode.

Yes, in manual focus mode the LCD is zoomed to roughly 2x. But that doesn't help when you're trying to pick up if the AF has got it wrong. If the built-in EVF was any good I'd make do with that, but it's awful.

I'm going to order a loupe this afternoon, I'll report on my experiences with it.

Goggs

Guru
Angus again..

268875c520cd47254c0cc78b338da30b_zpss94e2z1s.jpg

outlash

also available in orange
They are just stunning!

Thank you :smile:. They were taken a few years ago and I would assume technology and processing techniques have moved on a bit since these were taken.
IIRC, the Whirlpool Galaxy pic has something like 11 hours ' worth of exposures taken over a handful of nights.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Thank you :smile:. They were taken a few years ago and I would assume technology and processing techniques have moved on a bit since these were taken.
IIRC, the Whirlpool Galaxy pic has something like 11 hours ' worth of exposures taken over a handful of nights.
It's just amazing and you should be very proud. I'd love to someday get into astrophotography, its beautiful and just so wondrous. Well done.

outlash

also available in orange
It's just amazing and you should be very proud. I'd love to someday get into astrophotography, its beautiful and just so wondrous. Well done.

It's good fun to a point, but when you start getting into the technical aspects and deeper into processing the images (never my strong point), it can turn into a bit of drag. I only started because I couldn't see through a telescope what I wanted to see. Even the brightest galaxies (Andromeda, Whirlpool etc etc) are just a grey smudge unless you're under really dark skies. Be warned though, if you do travel down that road, it can get really expensive.

Here's a couple more for you.
IC 1805 - The Heart nebula 11-10-09.jpg
M81 82 reprocessed march '10.jpg

Top Bottom