The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great photo! I had no idea there was still an airworthy Sycamore.

Good to see what looks like a SAR Whirlwind in the background, too.
Yes the Whirlwind flew in from the Helicopter Museum. Here are a few more shots .
IMGP7964.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP7957.JPG
    IMGP7957.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMGP7966.JPG
    IMGP7966.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 41

ozboz

Guru
Apache were up yesterday. They clearly think our village is a hot bed of Taliban activity.

There has got to be some very dodgy looking people in your village ........

screenman

Legendary Member
Awesome view yesterday, laying in bed I heard the Lanc coming our way, as from my bedroom window you can see for miles across fields to Coningsby, anyway the sound got louder and the plane closer flying low level it looked like it was going to come through the window, amazing. So close, it is a sight that will stay with me, despite the fact that I see it often.

ozboz

Guru
Back in ‘82 I was outside my local pub in Oldham on a very nice Sunday afternoon ,a terrific roar began heading our way, and there they were flying fairly low a Lancaster and either side was a Spitfire and Hurricane ! Everyone went into a frenzie!,
Shouting , punching the air ! You’d have thought it was VE Day 2 !
What a BUZZ !!
That will stay with me for all my days !
National Pride !,

gbb

Legendary Member
Back in ‘82 I was outside my local pub in Oldham on a very nice Sunday afternoon ,a terrific roar began heading our way, and there they were flying fairly low a Lancaster and either side was a Spitfire and Hurricane ! Everyone went into a frenzie!,
Shouting , punching the air ! You’d have thought it was VE Day 2 !
What a BUZZ !!
That will stay with me for all my days !
National Pride !,
To see any of those always makes me smile, In similar circumstances, I was stood outside my workshop looking across adjacent Fenland fields.....:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: coming almost straight toward me at about 300ft ...a Lancaster, engines roaring, so low I could clearly see the cockpit...it sends you tingly as it passes so close and low.
Awesome :wacko:

Top Bottom