The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Yup. I check every day on way home. Assume it's tethered to a ship or buoy ?

Or completely spurious. How likely is it that a balloon tethered to 12 miles of cable isn't going to drift about a bit as the wind direction changes ?

Or completely spurious. How likely is it that a balloon tethered to 12 miles of cable isn't going to drift about a bit as the wind direction changes ?

It's a consistent return with all data fields too.
Accuracy of our app won't show variation of few feet bobbing up and down based on refresh rate

DaveReading

It's a consistent return with all data fields too.
Accuracy of our app won't show variation of few feet bobbing up and down based on refresh rate

There are enough decimal places quoted in those screenshots to cope with the accuracy that airborne positions are sent with, which equates to a resolution of about 15 feet laterally. The altitude has a resolution of 25 feet, and I assume that doesn't vary either? Hmmm.

classic33

Leg End Member
There are enough decimal places quoted in those screenshots to cope with the accuracy that airborne positions are sent with, which equates to a resolution of about 15 feet laterally. The altitude has a resolution of 25 feet, and I assume that doesn't vary either? Hmmm.
Depending on which one you are looking at(both don't always register), there's a 1,000 foot altitude difference. BIL7777 has also had a 500 foot elevation change.

BIL7777 "departed" the north Irish coast at 62,000 feet.

Drago

Legendary Member
Here's me in a Martin Baker ejection seat, c.1960. I think it may not have been designed to fire blokes my size...

IMG_20190814_091458231_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Last edited:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Here's me today in a Martin Baker ejection seat, c.1960. I think it may not have been designed to fire blokes my size...

View attachment 480051
You are Gentle Giant AICMFP.
upload_2019-8-14_23-3-56.jpeg

DaveReading

Yes. Intending to build an ADS-B receiver for the system too. If it works and they're happy with the data, you get the full $500/year subscription free as long as your receiver is online.

Out of interest, what do you get in the $500/year subscription that's not included in their $35/year deal ?

Top Bottom