The Pollard has arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
This thread is just a load of complete Pollards ....

I'll get your coat.:laugh:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well almost a year to the day of my last post i just thought i would keep you all up to date on my Pollard

Just had first test ride around the block on my W Pollard Specialite that is slowly getting converted to a single speed set up that is more suited to its track style frame that dates from the 19??'s .

Originally it was bought about 2 yrs ago from somebody who's father had converted it to gears for a family member to do a triathlon on many moons ago , i left it geared initially but it rode so well i just couldnt warrant changing it over .

Its running the inner 42 ring up front and a 16 tooth on the rear with 700 x 25's not sure what that works out gearing wise , as you can see far from finished but will be doing some testing and adjusting miles on dry weather commutes starting next week .

poll2.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A quick tinkering session this morning got this old beauty ready for it's maiden 2017 voyage.

I sold my only guard equipped bike last night so I needed to get this one ready as my wet weather bike ^_^

And also to enjoy it again @ChrisEyles

IMG_20170627_075053466.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
That one's *definitely* far too nice to live in the garage!

Totally agree with you on that one , it had an easy year last year as it only had about five or six short outings .

I need to sort the decals out as the current ones are home made ones that are starting to peel off on the down tube , i have some that were made for a gent who has a real fascination about Pollards after he bought one of me earlier in the year , so watch this space depending upon how they come off or not .

Top Bottom