The Pollard has arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru

I've got a pair of bolt cutters for cutting the ends of the mudguard stays, they look dangerous.......

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I've got a pair of bolt cutters for cutting the ends of the mudguard stays, they look dangerous.......

lol i leave them long so i can move them from bike to bike when needed

Are you thinking of going to classic drops? Some nice skinny non-aero ones would look cracking.

Swapped them for a set of drops complete with a set of levers with safety levers and with a GB stem just got to cable them up now

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Are you thinking of going to classic drops? Some nice skinny non-aero ones would look cracking.

Just back from trying out this set of bars feels a lot better.

IMG_20180418_055202132.jpg

Hope it meets with your approval @ChrisEyles ?

woodbutcher

Veteran
Yeah i need to find my box of plastic cable guides/clamps to get routing better then trim the excess inner's off

The best thing is that the safety levers actually work and work well
Showing my ignorance here, are the safety levers those loops of wire by the brake callipers ? The expression is new to me :wacko:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Showing my ignorance here, are the safety levers those loops of wire by the brake callipers ? The expression is new to me :wacko:

No thats just the excess inner cable that needs chopping once i have them routed correctly

the safety levers are attached to inside of the normal levers and run in a way that when riding on the flat section of the bars you can reach them they are just viisable in the picture on the inside of the bends

simongt

Guru
the safety levers actually work and work well
That IS amazing - ! Not for nothing were they colloqially known as 'pillock levers / suicide levers' - ! :rofl:

woodbutcher

Veteran
No thats just the excess inner cable that needs chopping once i have them routed correctly

the safety levers are attached to inside of the normal levers and run in a way that when riding on the flat section of the bars you can reach them they are just viisable in the picture on the inside of the bends
Of course, now l see what you mean:smile: They are fitted to a couple of my older bikes , don't seem to work as well as the main levers though and simongt calls them "suicide" levers, there must surely be an easier way of ending it all, but then they are an odd lot in Norwich ( l speak as an ex resident of that fine city) :cuppa:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
That IS amazing - ! Not for nothing were they colloqially known as 'pillock levers / suicide levers' - ! :rofl:

Very true hence my surprise at these actually work well

Of course, now l see what you mean:smile: They are fitted to a couple of my older bikes , don't seem to work as well as the main levers though and simongt calls them "suicide" levers, there must surely be an easier way of ending it all, but then they are an odd lot in Norwich ( l speak as an ex resident of that fine city) :cuppa:

lol as long as you keep the cables tensioned

Top Bottom