The Post-Brexit food thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dang, and I only just went and got myself hitched to a similarly 'Disconnected Britisher':sad:

I should have become civilly partnered to my German farm trainee instead..

She'd have been up for it - I'm sure...

So is there any chance that

"Not having voted for Brexit, and always having considered brexitting a monumentally dumb@rse idea"

could be taken into consideration, vis a vis this 'personal citizenship' idea do you think??

I am growing lots of French beans this year..

Might that count in a points based system , do you think ..:wacko:
Errrrrrr..........no, unlucky!

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Stockpiling Bourbons from tomorrow, fear not. 😁
You might need a few packets. We might get peckish cycling up the Rhein.

And lemon curd.

My agent tells me they don't have such a thing , and that some of them Teutonic types are really quite partial.

We could bribe our way in with sandwich creme biscuits and eggy conserves..:okay:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
And lemon curd.

My agent tells me they don't have such a thing , and that some of them Teutonic types are really quite partial.

We could bribe our way in with sandwich creme biscuits and eggy conserves..:okay:
Canadians don't have lemon curd either but it goes down well in my brother's Calgary house. Maybe we could set up a curderie/Quarkerei on the mainland. It's clearly an untapped market. And, while I'm at it, can someone try using a Bourbon as a lemon curd dip? I think it might work.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
And lemon curd.

Aah (wo)man, I love lemon curd, not had it in ages.

Lemon cheese however beats it hands down. All you need is a spoon.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Aah (wo)man, I love lemon curd, not had it in ages.

Lemon cheese however beats it hands down. All you need is a spoon.

I made fresh lemon curd, and drop scones for the farm family lunch a little while back..

Because we'd run out of cake..
(I know, I know, running out of cake - whatever next..:wacko:)

They're still talking about that curd even now..

Which can also, of course, be eaten with a spoon..

This is where I discovered the German affection for the product :angel:

International knowledge exchange - marvellous stuff huh??

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Stockpiling Bourbons from tomorrow, fear not.
We haven't been able to get over to the Sceptered Isle for so long now that we have virtually run out of things we import you cannot get here. :sad: No shredded wheat, rice crispies or all bran :ohmy:, custard power has gone, one jar of Branston almost at its sell by date (you can eke it out a bit past that) but I am pleased to report that the last packet of bourbons (21 Jul 2021) has survived ^_^ at the back of the cupboard in the cellar, was recently discovered by one of the servants, and will be ceremonially consumed during the final on Sunday.

Brexit has, of course, put paid to Red Cross parcels, despite protests to the Protecting Power.

If Italy win, I'm never having pizza or a latte macchiato again. Ever. If England win I shall dunk the biscuits in cappuccino.
And lemon curd.
1625785492288.png
€ 2.79 Sometimes available, but I haven't seen it recently.
Because we'd run out of cake..
Let them eat bread ... :biggrin: Sorry if that's a bit corny.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
We haven't been able to get over to the Sceptered Isle for so long now that we have virtually run out of things we import you cannot get here. :sad: No shredded wheat, rice crispies or all bran :ohmy:, custard power has gone, one jar of Branston almost at its sell by date (you can eke it out a bit past that) but I am pleased to report that the last packet of bourbons (21 Jul 2021) has survived ^_^ at the back of the cupboard in the cellar, was recently discovered by one of the servants, and will be ceremonially consumed during the final on Sunday.

Brexit has, of course, put paid to Red Cross parcels, despite protests to the Protecting Power.

If Italy win, I'm never having pizza or a latte macchiato again. Ever. If England win I shall dunk the biscuits in cappuccino.

View attachment 597994 € 2.79 Sometimes available, but I haven't seen it recently.

Let them eat bread ... :biggrin: Sorry if that's a bit corny.

Custard powder shortage..

Now that must make you feel a long way from home..:sad:

You know it is just cornflower, and yellow stuff, and a teensy bit of vanilla..

You really could do it yself..:okay:

'Proper' teabags seemed to be something my ma used to stock up on from here when she lived in France.

And marmite - of course.

Top Bottom