The Post-Brexit food thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm in, make me number 7!
You can't just rock up you know, what are you contributing to the cause?

Will there be a Herr TaubeNüse watching utube videos of you bedraggled lot setting foot on the banks of the Rhine?

I can start a YouTube channel and stand in the mud wearing a silly hat complaining about "waves of immigrants"... A British migrant standing in another country complaining in English about immigrants may actually be "Peak Brexit".

perplexed

Guru
You can't just rock up you know, what are you contributing to the cause?

I am widely know (in our house at any rate) as the inventor of the peculiarly angled screwdriver to get into awkward corners - I am willing to share the manufacturing process* to help my adoptive country (whichever one will have me, but I am doing better at my amateur, self taught German than French) in order to power them to even greater economic and manufacturing prowess. ⚒⚒⚒

* It involves a gas cooker, a hammer and a brick...

Last edited:
I am widely know (in our house at any rate) as the inventor of the peculiarly angled screwdriver to get into awkward corners - I am willing to share the manufacturing process* to help my adoptive country (whichever one will have me, but I am doing better at my amateur, self taught German than French) in order to power them to even greater economic and manufacturing prowess. ⚒⚒⚒

* It involves a gas cooker, a hammer and a brick...

The long-predicted brain drain has begun...

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Also "immigrants with bicycles" would possibly make the Tabloids Explode; It'd be higly amusing to make it in Germany and see how much frothing took place before they noticed...

I shall make a point of wearing socks with my sandals, whilst talking very loudly in stilted ingerlish at the funny forriners, as if they are a bit thick.

Bonne Maman make lemon curd and it's not that difficult to find in the EU.

Quiet you, we're trying to leverage via hard-to find conserves ...

And anyhow, my home made stuff is still yummier.

Clucky (plucky) British hens eggs n all that..

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Quiet you, we're trying to leverage via hard-to find conserves ...

And anyhow, my home made stuff is still yummier.

Clucky (plucky) British hens eggs n all that..

A condiment rather than a conserve, but malt vinegar. Absolutely impossible to find.

Edit: Crumpets might be your best bet mind. I had a French colleague whose mother was crazy for them. She was most miffed when M&S shut up shop (for the umpteenth time) in the EU.

(PG Tips you can often find in the exotic section of Chinese supermarkets)

Top Bottom