The Post-Brexit food thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
A condiment rather than a conserve, but malt vinegar. Absolutely impossible to find.

Edit: Crumpets might be your best bet mind. I had a French colleague whose mother was crazy for them. She was most miffed when M&S shut up shop (for the umpteenth time) in the EU.

(PG Tips you can often find in the exotic section of Chinese supermarkets)

Ooo now there's an idea, I have some crumpet rings somewhere.

I could make them, fresh and top with the curd as lucrative authentic Ingerlish street food.

This is a whole new life I'm lining up here..

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
malt vinegar. Absolutely impossible to find.
Sarsons Malt Vinegar 250g : Amazon.de: Grocery

Having said that I can't think of a use for malt vinegar that isn't better served by balsamic, cider vinegar or clear vinegar.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Anything from a chippy....allways have a bottle in the car in case they don't put enough on.I could almost drink it !
It won't be malt vinegar in the chippy, it will be non-brewed condiment. Cider vinegar is so much nicer anyway.

Adam4868

Guru
It won't be malt vinegar in the chippy, it will be non-brewed condiment. Cider vinegar is so much nicer anyway.
Maybe not where you go....like I say if they didn't have it I'd use my own.Our local chippy sell malt vinegar behind the counter.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
+1 for cider vinegar. I also prefer it to balsamic for vinaigrettes.

Meanwhile, for those colder months, how about crumpet pizza?
speedy-crumpet-pizzas.jpg

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
My favourite, crumpets with Marmite would really get those furriners salivating and offering you sanctuary.

Crumpets with marmite, then a poached egg on top...:smile:

Top Bottom