The Post-Brexit food thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
+1 for cider vinegar. I also prefer it to balsamic for vinaigrettes.

Meanwhile, for those colder months, how about crumpet pizza?
speedy-crumpet-pizzas.jpg
Crumpets with marmite, then a poached egg on top...:smile:
For goodness sake. Crumpets have one purpose and one purpose only: they are a vehicle for butter consumption. That's it. Anything else should be made illegal.

Ok, now here's the rub. You're wrong and bitsandbobs is only half right.

The toasted crumpet is a vehicle for oozing butter and a thick slab of cold mature cheddar.

Reactions: C R

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Bet those meddling Eurocrats were on the verge of introducing a mean minded directive, ...
UNELECTED Eurocrats. Try to get it right. ^_^

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
View attachment 598163

Ok, now here's the rub. You're wrong and bitsandbobs is only half right.
You're all right, of course. Crumpet exceptionalism should not be allowed to become a source of division. Everyone's favourite crumpet accompaniment is perfectly right. We'll need butter, salted and unsalted, cheese, grilled or cold, Marmite, assorted jams, lime and lemon curd and many other toppings besides.

I may be getting carried away with the idea of a Hot Juicy Crumpet Stall....

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
You're all right, of course. Crumpet exceptionalism should not be allowed to become a source of division. Everyone's favourite crumpet accompaniment is perfectly right. We'll need butter, salted and unsalted, cheese, grilled or cold, Marmite, assorted jams, lime and lemon curd and many other toppings besides.

If this is not what totalitarianism is in vogue for then I'm a busted flush.

Won't anyone think of the crumpets.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

TMN on the juicy crumpet offer..

:angel:

Top Bottom