The Post-Brexit food thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
but that certainly isn't clear by the first post in this thread....so my argument is with the thread itself and not the mods, all i have done is asked them to move it into naca, as its now become a political post
Personally, I wouldn't make a meal of it....

Pity they didn't win as it has been so long since they did - 1966. I might add the Germans still dispute the third goal back then. The English team only got there on a dodgy penalty anyway, and the Italians probably deserved their win going by their performance.

My daughter and son-in-law who is German came to watch the match, and as they hadn't eaten we ordered pizza! Bit of an indulgence really, as my better half and myself had been in @Andy in Germany territory over the weekend, and had visited the Kartoffelhaus in Freiburg (potato restaurant) where they do a mean salad and all sorts of creations using potatoes. I had a salad and chip mountain with tomato sauce, a calorie bomb which I shall have to atone for today by cycling up the steepest hill I can find!

The Hobbits can be had with or without chocolate. The chocolate version is best, and brings back memories of narrow boating holidays. Ambling along with hobnobs and cold English cider.

I'll have to start actually visiting places locally now: I've been here through lockdown so I don't know much of what is here.

Also, now I work further from Freiburg I hardly go there...

Cirrus

Veteran
Bit of an odd thread as post brexit I'll be pretty much be eating what I was eating before brexit. What I have missed is Maltese pastizzi, so I think it's time for a trip back there:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
to be honest there isn't a single item of food that i can't get post brexit, that i could pre-brexit.....but i suppose that's not thread worthy

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm glad to see you could have your cake and eat it.
tasted good too......a lovely custard pie it was

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
to be honest there isn't a single item of food that i can't get post brexit, that i could pre-brexit.....but i suppose that's not thread worthy

Well lucky you .

There's certainly been certain seed varieties I've struggled to get this year due to importing being more difficult.

And we've heard about shortages of farm and processing labour, lorry drivers being in short supply etc.

And the difficulty for some farmers exporting their goods, which will have a knock on effect to their farm incomes, thereby affecting their ability to stay in business at all.

So it's all interconnected innit...

This thread was originally a slight diversion when we got all excited about the prospect of an asylum seeking crumpet and lemon curd flotilla we were going to tow to Calais, using our ocean going pedaloes...

Seems to have been rediverted to serious brexit stuff since then.

These things seem to have a life of their own Tbh..

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Local Sainsbury have some empty space due to deliveries not arriving but couldn't tell you what was missing... will see if they will; tell me!

I reckon if some people put as much effort into dealing with the situation as it is, rather than posting the same long winded whines on many, many threads, they'd maybe find life a bit happier.

I can't say I've noticed any difference in supplies myself, and none of the stuff that some seem obsessed with is a topic of conversation anymore, apart from the odd amusing comment about people that seem to be hunting for 'problems'.

As others have pointed out, this really isn't the forum for these sort of soap box whinges.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I reckon if some people put as much effort into dealing with the situation as it is, rather than posting the same long winded whines on many, many threads, they'd maybe find life a bit happier.

I can't say I've noticed any difference in supplies myself, and none of the stuff that some seem obsessed with is a topic of conversation anymore, apart from the odd amusing comment about people that seem to be hunting for 'problems'.

As others have pointed out, this really isn't the forum for these sort of soap box whinges.
Some people are getting on with it and doing their best despite shortages (see Mudders’ posts for examples). However just because other members don’t want there to be a problem or can’t see there is a problem, it doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

Don’t forget, that this thread was created by the Mods, not anyone else. I suggest you appeal to them if you don’t like it.

Top Bottom