The Post-Brexit food thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some people are getting on with it and doing their best despite shortages (see Mudders’ posts for examples). However just because other members don’t want there to be a problem or can’t see there is a problem, it doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

Don’t forget, that this thread was created by the Mods, not anyone else. I suggest you appeal to them if you don’t like it.

...and if Brexit was working half as well as promised, almost no-one would be complaining...

Yes I think on approx page two of this spin-off, thread I've mentioned marmite on crumpets under poached eggs..:rolleyes:

Okay, you can still come then.

Some people are getting on with it and doing their best despite shortages (see Mudders’ posts for examples). However just because other members don’t want there to be a problem or can’t see there is a problem, it doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

Don’t forget, that this thread was created by the Mods, not anyone else. I suggest you appeal to them if you don’t like it.

Perhaps if you addressed your 'concerns' to people that can actually do something or perhaps get into politics yourself, rather than repeating the same thing on thread after thread, day after day, you may actually achieve something.

It's tedious enough tripping over it in NACA all the time, without it infesting other forums on here.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Perhaps if you addressed your 'concerns' to people that can actually do something or perhaps get into politics yourself, rather than repeating the same thing on thread after thread, day after day, you may actually achieve something.
If you don't like what I write, the solution is in your hands......join another forum. In any case, please stop derailing other people's threads

Rocky

Hello decadence
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Aye 'Cycle Chat' and even 'Food & Drink'. So easy to miss the political nuance there.
A quick read of some of the topics in this thread will show you that Food and Drink supplies, availability and exports are intertwined with politics and political decisions. It is inconvenient for some, who wish to deny it, but it is glaring obvious for others who are living in the real world.

Don't forget, the original posts were made in the NACA Post Brexit thread and moved here. So obviously, I am not alone in linking the two - the Mods also do.

A quick read of some of the topics in this thread will show you that Food and Drink supplies, availability and exports are intertwined with politics and political decisions. It is inconvenient for some, who wish to deny it, but it is glaring obvious for others who are living in the real world.

Don't forget, the original posts were made in the NACA Post Brexit thread and moved here. So obviously, I am not alone in linking the two - the Mods also do.

You've said all that before, and it didn't mean a lot the first time. :okay:

If some posters put a fraction of the effort into actually offering a meaningful alternative, even if they're unlikely to ever get round to initiating it, it'd make a bit more sense than the effort of hunting for reasons to miserable, that they can't, or won't change.

As repetition seems to be acceptable, is tedious enough stumbling over the same old same old on NACA, without having to step over the same piles on the other forums too.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

It's tedious enough tripping over it in NACA all the time, without it infesting other forums on here.

Yup doing all of above too , the tiny bit I write about here is a very minor part of it.

Regularly bothering people, of influence over it, and involved in the political side of things as well.

I suspect that many of the people here who are still interested in post brexit stuff , are those who are also deeply affected via their sectors, businesses, and personal lives, and are experiencing the real world consequences.

And plenty are active elsewhere, as well they just like to chat about it on here too.

Get some cross fertilisation of ideas, understand the bigger picture,and even feel a bit of solidarity with fellow travellers who are trying to work out how all this pans out.

Much of the post brexit effects haven't even near kicked in yet
Certainly not in the food and farming scene, it's going to take years to reform, and refashion.

And yes I am a small part of that - some people find my perspective, and experiences interesting, others not so much..

That's fine either way .:okay:

The 'ignore thread' button is freely available to all as far as I know.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Inspired by @mudsticks, i made some lemon curd. I'll try it out on some Belgian colleagues tomorrow.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Yup doing all of above too , the tiny bit I write about here is a very minor part of it.

Regularly bothering people, of influence over it, and involved in the political side of things as well.

I suspect that many of the people here who are still interested in post brexit stuff , are those who are also deeply affected via their sectors, businesses, and personal lives, and are experiencing the real world consequences.

And plenty are active elsewhere, as well they just like to chat about it on here too.

Get some cross fertilisation of ideas, understand the bigger picture,and even feel a bit of solidarity with fellow travellers who are trying to work out how all this pans out.

Much of the post brexit effects haven't even near kicked in yet
Certainly not in the food and farming scene, it's going to take years to reform, and refashion.

And yes I am a small part of that - some people find my perspective, and experiences interesting, others not so much..

That's fine either way .:okay:

The 'ignore thread' button is freely available to all as far as I know.
I find you posts informative and helpful - keep telling it like it is.

I have relations who are arable farmers in east Yorkshire and friends who are hill farmers in the Yorkshire Dales. Uncertainty is what is causing them concern. Farming has always been an uncertain activity, being dependent on weather and on supply/demand and currency fluctuations. They feel that this year, things are even more uncertain. It's just another factor which is out of their control.

Top Bottom