The Post Office are at it again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
This is getting to be a serious annoyance. Three times in the last six months, I have had problems when sending valuable/important items or documents by so-called Special Delivery.

Yesterday I sent a highly important document by Special Delivery to arrive by 1300 hrs. I have just telephoned the recipient who has received nothing. The tracking system tell me it left the delivery office this morning, but has not yet been delivered. The item, weighing just 60 grams cost me £4.20 to sent it! FFS I could have taken it cheaper!

Two previous items: One was eventually received but never appeared on the tracking system, the other item never existed according to the PO despite me possessing a certificate of posting with a tracking number which could not be recognised as a valid number.

Have the PO a vendetta against me or do you fine ladies and gents also have problems? I am seriously thinking it would be a good idea to dismantle the Royal Mail entirely and let TNT run it.

I feel a little better for the rant:cursing:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
No. TNT will destroy it.

Its the same as the nhs, the police and the fire service - no government is willing to commit and any "improvements" lately only seem to hinder the service

purplepolly

probably won't make you feel better but my new bike light was posted yesterday afternoon 1st class recorded delivery and arrived this morning :ohmy:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Always had problems with Royal Mail. If you post correspondance locally in Yorkshire first class it seems to belt round the system for a few days before being delivered. If you post something to the south east of England at 5:29pm it arrives pre-8am the next morning to even the smallest village in the middle of nowhere.

As for parcels royal mail lost two items I was supposed to receive the last couple of months. Not that fussed except they were for study :ohmy: and pretty important to me. For long stints of time royal mail took about a week to two weeks to delivery first class parcels. It's not improved but all I want is consistency. If parcels took a consistent amount of time and were less errors and sorting offices had longer hours to pick up I wouldn't mind if a first class parcel took 4 days everytime and the workers were looked after.

snorri

Legendary Member
A relative told me that postage in Canada is very expensive due to storage costs. "Storage costs?" you may ask.
Yes, he said, they take so long to deliver it they must be storing it somewhere.;)
Well, I thought it funny at the time.:smile:

No problems like that with Royal Mail I told him, the mail only stops moving for long enough for someone to read the address.:biggrin:

Maz

Guru
downfader said:
TNT will destroy it.
Damn right it will.
BOOM!

Chuffy

Veteran
Gerry Attrick said:
Yep, that's exactly what I think of the PO's service!
There might be local issues, or the odd cock-up, but if it's ever privatised then you'll be quick to join the nostagics talking about how good it used to be. Privatisation would screw the service over royally. See British Rail our screwed up rail system for reference...

Top Bottom