The price of bearings and how to buy them cheap.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I need two new bearings in the BB of my MTB. These are standard 30mm OD x 17mm ID x 7mm wide sealed bearings.

The maker of the BB wanted £22.00 plus £4.50 postage.

I've just bought them from a local bearing stockist for £8.00! For anybody local it was the very excellent Motion Industries Ltd in Dumer's Lane, Radcliffe. They also stock headset bearings and chains.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
WWWWWWWWWWorth knowing!

gbb

Legendary Member
You did exactly what i'd have suggested RR, find your local bearing stockist. Most people dont even know they exist, they normally supply industry.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
So many things can be bought for a fraction of the price if you know where to go. For example I can buy a 25 kg bag of maltodextrin, which is the basis for SIS and all the sports drinks, for £25.00! I'm even thinking of buying a bag and paying for it by flogging the stuff on here for £2.00 kg, which is still a fraction of what you pay to get it with the flavour and salt added.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Another source is transmission engineers. I've bought bearings and motor cycle chain from such a company at prices way below Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha prices. I bet chain of cycle chain pitch is also available from them - it's a standard set of pitches.

Top Bottom