The problems of growing old :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I posted some time ago about an elderly friend of ours.
She is 99......will be 100 in October.
A lovely lady who sends MrsD a card most weeks.
We have known her family for 40+ years.
This year a staggering 4 of her "children" have died.
2 weeks ago one son, aged 76, living in Australia, phoned to say....."Mum, in October you will get a message from the queen". 2 days later he was dead.
MrsD phones every week and pre Covid did visit but thats gone.
Sorry to be morbid on this beatiful sunny morning, I was just reflecting on things.

D

Deleted member 1258

We are mortal, we have a birth, a life and a death. 100 is a superb innings, think what she must have seen in that time, 76 is a good innings as well, no one should have to experience out living their children but it can be a consequence of being so long lived. I remember a neighbor many years ago who was in her seventies, it used to make her sad that she had outlived one of her daughters and most of her friends.

Slick

Guru
Obviously no parent should outlive their offspring and I don't suppose age changes that at any point. 3 score and ten is what the bible says we should get but I think its more about staying as fit as possible rather than focussing on a number. No point getting to a 100 if the last 20 or even 30 years were housebound.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I shall live forever. Because I am of the Clan McCleod, and I am immortal.

View: https://youtu.be/_Jtpf8N5IDE

Jody

Stubborn git
The smiley in the title gave me a false hope that the thread was going to be positive.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Can't be pleasant living that long, mobility , health issues and of course your children pegging it before you. Not something I'd want for myself.
it depends... my great auntie Cis lived to 103 and was as fit as the proverbial fiddle; had her mobility, her marbles, lived in her own home but with a carer coming in a couple of times a day. She was chirpy and chipper right to the end :smile:

Top Bottom