The Queue for a Takeaway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'm surprised nobody in the queue pulled out an AR15.

Yeah that as well.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The video reminds me of when I'd cycle past a queue on Sundays, waiting to get their cars washed at a local drive in, we wash it for you place. Two hours later on my way back, those I saw at the back of that queue were slowly getting near to the front! They could've driven to a do it yourself pressure washer and been away in a fraction of the time!:rolleyes:

Edit..Something tells me someone's gonna tell me "Yeah, but not all can do it themselves"! True, but most in that 2 hour queue could've done!

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I think I've mentioned this before...when I worked in the US my digs were less than a mile from the office.

It was summer, a new country, I was happy to stroll home and watch the world go by for 15 minutes.

But my workmates thoughtnI was barking mad for not taking one of the dirty great 2.5 tonne Chevvy Suburban pool cars home. They just didn't get the idea that a short walk might be pleasurable.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I think I've mentioned this before...when I worked in the US my digs were less than a mile from the office.

It was summer, a new country, I was happy to stroll home and watch the world go by for 15 minutes.

But my workmates thoughtnI was barking mad for not taking one of the dirty great 2.5 tonne Chevvy Suburban pool cars home. They just didn't get the idea that a short walk might be pleasurable.

The US office that I sometimes visit is just across the road from the hotel I use. It is a few hundred yards' walk. Except there is no way to walk it so I have to get a taxi or get picked up by a colleague.

On my first ever visit to the USA I stayed in a hotel which had a large Wal-Mart or such-like right behind it - I could see it from my room. I asked at Reception the best way to walk there and they looked at me like I'd enquired about walking to the Moon. I went anyway but there were no sidewalks or any other pedestrian infrastructure.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

My brother got pulled over by the police in St Louis for walking home.
They made him get in the car as it was unsafe for a white man to walk the streets.
Walking is so rare that if you do it you’re a target for criminals.

I'm surprised that it survived the probably legal action, & subsequent bad-press
Jack In The Box was at the centre of a mass food poisoning a few years ago
(I read it recently in Bill Brysons book 'The Body')

732 cases linked to the chain
4 died
178 left with permanent brain, or kidney, damage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992–1993_Jack_in_the_Box_E._coli_outbreak

Lee_M

Guru

I got stopped by the cops in Atlanta for Jay walking once - I was walking from our head office to my hotel, literally across the road. There were no pedestrian crossings or way to legally get there without driving.
He couldn't understand my explanation and gave up with the "crazy English man"

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Do they eat it in the car and then throw the rubbish out of the window, or is that just a British thing?

Reactions: gbb

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It is a whole different way of life in the states. Their cars are generally much higher spec e.g. self opening/closing doors and boots, A/C even in older cars, cup holders everywhere, far more places to store things. They have made a habit of staying in their cars and using their cars for longer. Like others have said, walking is unheard of in all settings apart from busy city centres. I also expect that none of them could even get into the car park to park and go inside, but difficult to tell from the video. I shudder to think what would happen if they had our narrow roads and limited space

Top Bottom