The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
Try living where I do and you get 35+ of those going past each way 6 days per week within 100 yards of my bedroom window.

Just looked up your location - I was thinking that sounds like somewhere between Felixstowe and Peterborough!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Just looked up your location - I was thinking that sounds like somewhere between Felixstowe and Peterborough!

Yep - about 1/3rd of a mile up from Trimley station so I get all the Ipswich-Felixstowe passenger trains and all the freight trains heading to and from the three rail terminals on Felixstowe Dock. The only problem is that because of a row of garages in the way I can't get any pics of anything other than the upper 1/3rd of the trains :laugh:
Edit - like this at the holding point on the passing loop
1713552508869.jpeg

Last edited:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Yep - about 1/3rd of a mile up from Trimley station so I get all the Ipswich-Felixstowe passenger trains and all the freight trains heading to and from the three rail terminals on Felixstowe Dock. The only problem is that because of a row of garages in the way I can't get any pics of anything other than the upper 1/3rd of the trains :laugh:
Edit - like this at the holding point on the passing loop
View attachment 728173

Deckchair on the garage roofs would be great... 👍

albion

Guru
The expanded site name comes from the old Hopetown carriage works.
The museum dates back to 1975 coming about after the Beeching cuts. (The Shikdon Locomotion museum came about after the closure of Shildon Shops rail works in 1984).
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/24266031.hoeptown-celebrating-darlington-heritage-open-july/

The ramped museum itself is to be called North Road station museum which is what it was always locally known as.
Historic England has a timeline link dating back to 1821 act of Parliament for the 1825 Stockton to Darlington Railway.
https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1322962

Last edited:

Spartak