The re-birth of the Flying Banana

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
It's back from the powder coaters, large as life and yellower than ever.

Purists will turn away, as it has a flip-flop hub with a freewheel on one side, two brakes, mudguards and even a rack. But I want a bike that will take me to work and back in all weathers, and I don't like carrying a rucsack.

I got the Peugeot frame a couple of years back for £1. I removed the unnecessary fittings and swapped the dropouts for track ends. I like the lugless frame and shot-in seat stays - very smooth, with none of those blobby welds modern frames have. I also like the shallow fork crown - so much more elegant than unicrown forks.

There's an extra front wheel with a dynamo hub to swap in for the winter, but it's not yellow...

BILD0042-1.jpg

BILD0043-1.jpg

BILD0045-1.jpg

BILD0046.jpg

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
And before anyone says it, yes I know the chain's a bit slack.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
spandex said:
Phil why have you not changed some of the bolts?

BTW your chain is slack!

I thought that, the sprocket looks nice and shiny and theres a rust bolt right next to it:wacko:
Infact, theres more rust on there then that!!!!

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
You tell me where I can get 'em, Spandex, and I'll change 'em. Even the brake springs have rusted.

But there's no point in changing them if they're going to go rusty all over again.

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
I thought that, the sprocket looks nice and shiny and theres a rust bolt right next to it:wacko:
Infact, theres more rust on there then that!!!!

The FRAME, man, look at the frame! And my quality brazing work!

I know about the rust. It doesn't actually keep me awake at night worrying about it - I have other bikes which I keep clean. This one's intended to be one I don't worry about going rusty. It's for riding, not for looking at.

It'll keep Spandex awake, though!

Uncle Phil said:
The FRAME, man, look at the frame! And my quality brazing work!

I know about the rust. It doesn't actually keep me awake at night worrying about it - I have other bikes which I keep clean. This one's intended to be one I don't worry about going rusty. It's for riding, not for looking at.

It'll keep Spandex awake, though!

You have got that right Phil

I am just rebuilding the wheels on my SS as the rims had to many marks that I could not get off... So I now have a lovely new set of Mavic open pro in black:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
spandex said:
You have got that right Phil

I am just rebuilding the wheels on my SS as the rims had to many marks that I could not get off... So I now have a lovely new set of Mavic open pro in black:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Spandex, if get some fixed stuff to you, would you start to clean it up/rebuild it to make it look clean?
Hang on, ive got a whole bike that needs that, and my main fixed is abit dirty.
Fancy living next door Spandex?:eek::biggrin:

Top Bottom