The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
When the Government send you cold weather payment.

bagpuss

Guru
For the price of an inner tube now, you could buy a sew up/tub/sprnt for your road bike. Which had a 52/42 chainset....and a straight through 5 speed free wheel .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If you are of working age your career is well past its apex. Secondly you no longer give a stuff about career.
last 6 month appraisal i was still asking how to get myself to team leader , heck i stood in for 6 months last year as i was told i would never get promoted .The whole place an burn down far as im concerned

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Similar to the original poster, I remember saplings in my primary school that are now full grown trees.

It crept up on you; talking about ailments seems much more interesting than it used to and you want others to know about it too.

Kneeling down makes you think again. Enough said.

You do remember when it was all fields....

When you listen to a song you exclaim "hang on, that's a remake!"

You can't eat like you used to -even if you exercise more -without it going directly to your waistline.

You start to realize "celebrities" you used to watch on TV are now dying (or dead!) Add on obituaries are now somehow a bit more interesting.

You don't think 20 or 30 years ago was that long ago.

You had photos of your youth, not digital images.

You realize you are closer to retirement than the start of your working life.

You could go on listing things that make you realize you are old, but then realize you've forgotten what you were going to say.....

Top Bottom