The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
You work with someone who, as a baby, lived in the houses built on the field behind your grandparents house where you used to play as a child.

Also some of those you work with were born after the millenuim bug ceased to be a worry.

During My working life. Well I Drove the area that encompassed nearly all of Wales Cornwall, right across to southampton including all the counties in between and frankly I'd rather cycle now I do actually see things that were there before but I didn't have time.
And Since this pandermonion ? of a pandemic, have been in the car once And made it a definite promise to myself that I wouldn't go back to where I was born as Looking on google earth just makes me cringe at the amount of houses that been thrown up and the areas supposed to be Green belt Don't see how as the M5 M6 Interchange is slap in the middle of it I was all boggy fields And some farmland Cows used to come to our back fence and now I know I'm old as Its just so different

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Yes you do if you want to carry on driving. My old one expired when I reached 70.
You also have to keep renewing it every 3 years.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Have any of you started using a feeding cup yet?:unsure:
1606690253493.png

postman

Legendary Member
During My working life. Well I Drove the area that encompassed nearly all of Wales Cornwall, right across to southampton including all the counties in between and frankly I'd rather cycle now I do actually see things that were there before but I didn't have time.
And Since this pandermonion ? of a pandemic, have been in the car once And made it a definite promise to myself that I wouldn't go back to where I was born as Looking on google earth just makes me cringe at the amount of houses that been thrown up and the areas supposed to be Green belt Don't see how as the M5 M6 Interchange is slap in the middle of it I was all boggy fields And some farmland Cows used to come to our back fence and now I know I'm old as Its just so different
Reminds me of an episode of Goodnight Sweetheart,where Gary takes Pheobe to see an Aunt in the countryside.Thing is he has a map of modern day England and he is back in 1940.he mentions motorways and other modern things which Pheobe has no idea of.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Reminds me of an episode of Goodnight Sweetheart,where Gary takes Pheobe to see an Aunt in the countryside.Thing is he has a map of modern day England and he is back in 1940.he mentions motorways and other modern things which Pheobe has no idea of.

Heck postie,me and the former Mrs Accy used to watch that program religiously,when it came out in the early 1990's. I saw an episode on some 'retro' tv channel a year or so ago. It might've been 'modern day England' then,but the early 1990's seems so long ago now.🧐

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member
I'm in bed playing on my Fire tablet.My ear is itching,so I have just scratched it.Guess what it's a load of hair growing on the edge of my ear.It's longer than the hair on my head,oh gawd,the shame I've come to this.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm in bed playing on my Fire tablet.My ear is itching,so I have just scratched it.Guess what it's a load of hair growing on the edge of my ear.It's longer than the hair on my head,oh gawd,the shame I've come to this.
I can't see out of my right eye,so when looking in the mirror i miss seeing those freaky hairs on my right side. I take 'selfies' now then scrutinise them trying to spot those inch long hairs that sprout in peculiar places. The other day i saw one on a selfie growing out my right upper cheek!:ohmy:

Top Bottom