The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetFatty

Über Member
She’s my twin but no matter how often I invite her she never shows up to our birthday. I thought for our 50th she might but another no show

byegad

Legendary Member
It's a real shame that the original thread from a couple of years ago eventually descended into these tiny nuggets / examples of what people think makes them old.

It was originally a beautiful story with pathos and whimsy woven into it, a tree growing up and growing old before the OP had a chance to realise that he was part of that tree, and vice versa.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
When you watch a slasher movie, where annoying teenagers are getting wiped out, and you're on the side of the slasher.

tyred

Legendary Member
You look at a bicycle with a cotter pin and think it is something new.

This is a true story about an old friend of the family. For whatever reason he always had a great love of Morris Motors and can tell you at great length about all the many Oxfords, Minors and Marinas he has owned. He even had one of the special Marinas in that horrible green colour to celebrate sixty years of Morris.

In the late 1990s when his last Morris Ital was getting a bit very rusty and unable to find another one he jumped sides and bought a late model Austin Maestro. Shortly after getting it he was talking a local mechanic and telling him all about and he told him it was one of the these new, modern front wheel drive models to which the mechanic pointed out that BMC had been building them like that for about forty years :laugh:

With the demise of Rover, he was forced to go Japanese and buy a Mitsubishi for his most recent car:ohmy:

Top Bottom