The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
These days you quite often have to dismantle the front half of a car just to change a bulb.

Indeed, crap design

mustang1

Legendary Member
Mrs Vantage and I were trying to change the bulb for the main beam today. We gave up. Taking the bloody thing to Halfords on Fri.
I hope you didn't take the car of the same name as your avatar to halfords. But then I started thinking (now there's a rarity) they would be extra careful sorting out that particular car's headlight (but I think they're xenons).

mustang1

Legendary Member
Newspapers seem to have made their print smaller and switched using some difficult to read font in the past few years.
Ah yes, that's another reason I moved away from digital watches. I can't even read what mode those little LCD thingies are pointing to. Am I in Dual Time mode? Am I in normal mode? Why isn't the GMT/ BST function working. Just a nice simple analog watch now.

Oh, and I stopped reading physical books - i only role with kindle now, and using a larger font.

D

Deleted member 1258

Ah yes, that's another reason I moved away from digital watches. I can't even read what mode those little LCD thingies are pointing to. Am I in Dual Time mode? Am I in normal mode? Why isn't the GMT/ BST function working. Just a nice simple analog watch now.

Oh, and I stopped reading physical books - i only role with kindle now, and using a larger font.

I no longer wear a watch, stopped five years ago when I retired.

D

Deleted member 1258

These days you quite often have to dismantle the front half of a car just to change a bulb.

I remember being in Halfords a few years ago and hearing the fella there telling a customer to take his car to the dealer as there was too much dismantling involved in changing the bulb he wanted changing.

Back in February when we were all starting to hear about “corona” I was in conversation with a lady a little older than me and a twenty-something student. I was asking “Wasn’t Corona a brand of fizzy drink, ‘pop’, back in the day ?” The older lady replied that she thought it was a type of cigar. The twenty something told us it’s a brand of bottled beer. A spot of googling told us we were all right, our different recognitions of the word determined by our different ages :smile:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I hope you didn't take the car of the same name as your avatar to halfords. But then I started thinking (now there's a rarity) they would be extra careful sorting out that particular car's headlight (but I think they're xenons).

Not even remotely close to being as posh as that.
Her Zaffira cost just under a grand when she bought it. It's surprisingly reliable for that cost ^_^

When we had a Vauxhall our dealership managed to put the bulbs in upside down. Driving down lanes were a nightmare. Full beam and you could barely see where you were going.

That was our last Vauxhall. Crap car and crap service.

bagpuss

Guru
1.When you get into your car, it's number of air bags increases .
2.The only drafting you do on a bicycle,is when you are the stoker on a tandem .

Top Bottom